Smart Glass???

Okay so I just received this email. My question... How long before we are all out of business??

Elite Auto Tune To Feature Mercedes S550 with SPD-Smart Windows At Miami Auto Experience

Miami, Florida and Los Angeles, California – February 5, 2010. This weekend, Elite Auto Tune, a leading U.S. distributor of some of the world's most exclusive and exotic luxury automotive products, will feature an SPD-equipped Mercedes S550 at the Miami Auto Experience on Saturday, February 6, 2010 in downtown Miami, Florida. The SPD-Smart windows were manufactured by American Glass Products (AGP), a licensee of Research Frontiers Inc.

The Miami Auto Experience is an exciting event that showcases professionally tuned vehicles and accessories before what is expected to be a large number of attendees including auto enthusiasts, celebrities and media professionals, especially because of this weekend’s football game. For more information about the event and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.miamiautoexperience.com/tickets.html.

The Mercedes S550 to be shown at the Miami Auto Experience event has Vario Plus Sky aftermarket SPD-Smart windows manufactured by AGP. AGP is dedicated to the production of high technology glass for a wide range of applications, and today is one of the largest specialty glazing manufacturers in the world. AGP uses SPD-Smart film produced by Hitachi Chemical, a licensee of Research Frontiers, to produce their Vario Plus Sky products such as those for the Mercedes S550.

SPD-Smart™ products use patented SPD film technology developed by Research Frontiers. With the touch of a button or turn of a dial, users can instantly and precisely adjust the tint and privacy of windows, sunroofs, glass roof systems, skylights and other products. Automated adjustment of SPD-Smart products also is available using sensors or timing or other control systems. SPD films can be combined with other glazing materials, such as materials used in armored glass, to meet a wide range of end-product requirements across many applications.

For more information about Elite Auto Tune, visit www.EliteAutoTune.com or call 800-353-1132. Information about AGP’s Vario Plus line of automotive aftermarket products can be found at http://www.agpglass.com/agp-tech-varioplus1.htm. For further information about SPD-SmartGlass, or to arrange a visit to the Research Frontiers Design Center, please contact:

Research Frontiers Inc.

Gregory M. Sottile, Ph.D. - Director of Market Development

Info@SmartGlass.com

(516) 364-1902

What do you think? How long before we are all out of business?>

I say within 5 to 10 years maybe :lol2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always figured that one of these days someone would perfect it and put it out there. Now we'll just have to wait and see how it stands up. However not everyone will be able to afford the upgrades for their cars so I figure we will still be needed for yet a few years more. At least long enough for me to get a little older so I can retire! :lol2

Guest Tint Legend
It will never happen unless it can be adjusted to a limit per state law, and even so, if somoone moved to another state, the windows could possibly be darken too much per law. If it were available for fg, it may not be cost effective for some.

:dunno

I'm a dealer for them and these replacement units are targeting real high end application and require skilled 12 volt knowledge to install.Nice idea for Sunroofs or Panoramic applications.It's more like a frost tint than a high optical film.

Archived