vinyl body wrap~

Guest youngazntinter

Guest youngazntinter

so I came to realize ,,, I can't survive doing just tinting....lol I've seen some people doing vinyl body wrapping,,,which im very interested in.

I need to get a source of the vinyl and if anyone has a technique they can share wit me, that' will be very appreciated.

thanks in advance.!!

Guest scottydosnntkno
the printing machine runs over 80k, then u may want a laminating machine also. the business is expensive start up. just look into die cut vinyl to start

:cold even a LOW end 30" printer will run you over 10k, and then you still need a hot lam machine, which is another couple k at least.

If you are serious about trying it, I would #1 go to school for it, as it appears to be extremely hard to do full vehicle wraps, and #2 do a few to practice with. First, start with just a plain unprinted wrap vinyl, as it is thinner and more flexible. Then, try a plain vinyl with a laminate on it(still no need for printing) and finally work your way up to a couple pieces of printed, lami'd vinyl. Getting one panel on won't be that bad, but getting the other panel, the hood, etc to line up the pattern will be very tough.

There are numerous companies out there who wholesale printing services, usually for $6-10/ft^2 depending on material and lami, etc

unlike tinting, it is NOT a cheap business to get into, and you can have huge losses in material and time from a messed up piece, unlike tint. Mess up a hood piece, and there goes a few hundred dollars.

most go with a 54" printer and laminating machine. regular vinyls are thin, but printed vinyl is a lil easier to work with because its applied dry with air release technology. to get done thr right way, you print one large piece and stretch it down the whole car. then the panels are cut and edges sealed after.

Guest sytran666

my local vinyl supplier offers training and digital print service. That really makes it easier to get started. I would look for something similar to that in your own area.

Its best to invest in the designing and just buy the printed vinyl wholesale . You can buy printed and laminated for $5 sq ft easily on the net from a wholesaler . The designing part is the hardest and with a good design up can upsell them to cover more of the printing cost.

here are a couple place I have used that use good vinyl .

http://www.merrittgraphics.com/

https://www.signs365.com/

Guest Cvwraps
so I came to realize ,,, I can't survive doing just tinting....lol I've seen some people doing vinyl body wrapping,,,which im very interested in.

I need to get a source of the vinyl and if anyone has a technique they can share wit me, that' will be very appreciated.

thanks in advance.!!

Biz is great! once you learn it. take some classes from my boy Robby @ http://www.thewrapresource.com/ check out the site. Vehicle Wraps and Custom Vehicle Wraps from all over the nation! cvwraps.com

mike

Archived