black Cars

Wow Chris Crazy on the hood I would of definatly ran on the dodge hood :? . I appreciate it and will heed your advise on that coincidently I recently have been workink on that ( a light tac down on lights or tow holes and will go back and re-lift works Ok and only if you work fast) Hey I appreciate it All Thanks Guys.

I'll second Xpel gel and Xpel film or Avery on black. Even with 3M film, the gel is so much better. The only downside I've found, at least with 3M since it has an aggressive adhesive, is that it tacks too good and is hard to pull back up. I've been doing this for almost 6 years now and I still have to "think" when doing a black car.

Another last resort option is to try 3M's patterns. Instead of a big stretch, they have "wings" in their pattern. Yes you will have a seam in the bumper but it sounds like a good trade off for the problems you're having. The seam takes out all the stretch in the film. Use those until you get good, then you can move on to single piece bumpers.

Thanks for reminding me about the 5 series....I've got a black one to do Wed. :D

Useless info of the day: Mercedes sells so many black cars, they have a dedicated paint line just for them.

Thanks Speed Is that Digi your using? Tint 51 are you talking about the Xpel Gel or Can you tell me where to get it. I do use warm water and that does seem to help especially on 50 60 degree days

Give me a shout at (210) 678-3725 or e-mail me at jphillips@xpel.com and I will get you a sample of the gel. It works just fine with Venture film. Also, we have 3 or 4 black Porsche bumpers (among other ones) in our advanced training class if you feel like getting away for a few days and practicing on cars that aren't customer jobs. You can burn through as much film as you want.

Guest Pro-tectFilmMelissa
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :eyebrows I cant deal with another Black Car Please been doing this stuff for 4 years and use Venture if anyone can pass me some helpfull hint or info on puck marks or stretch marks(lines ETC...) I would really appreciate any info. This might be a worn out topic but if anyone could help I would greatly appreciat it. I use a mixture of baby shampoo like three drops to a 32 Oz. bottle and have found just straight water for tac down is the best solution for me but no matter what I just cant eliminate strech lines ETC on dark or black cars. Unfortunatly all I work on is Porsches, Mercedes, and Audis can someone give some pointers. other than I suck :dwiwd

I have a solution, change film. LOL I am not trying to be harsh, Venture is a good film but the new Avery Nano is better!

I have new Avery Nano Fusion film in stock and it is a lot more user friendly then the Venture, it is a lot more forgiving with stretching or if you have to lift the film back up after you have laid it down.

Please call me to discuss this further.

Melissa

702-940-9831

Archived