Don't buy cheap film.

Guest Scottsfire

Guest scottydosnntkno
Oh ok Scotty, I gotcha.. You charge the same price for all two doors including the Vettes. But charge more for the hard cars like the Vettes... Makes perfect sense now..

well, I've only ever done one :lol2

okay two counting the vert I did this weekend

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh ok Scotty, I gotcha.. You charge the same price for all two doors including the Vettes. But charge more for the hard cars like the Vettes... Makes perfect sense now..

:dunno

:zzz

I know the feeling of having to use crappy films. I just recently tried using suntek for a back glass and getting it to shink was a chore. I ending up scrapping it and opening a new roll of global. I had it done in no time with the global film ill will never try to use that suntek crap for a back glass again.

Last time I tried a cheap film I hated my life. Now I find out what kind of vehicle the customer has on the phone before I mention prices. I have set prices for my standard line of film. If I'm having a slow day or want to fill some time, I'll give them a cheaper option for less, but I tell them that beyond an installation guarantee, there's no warranty, and write it on the receipt. Better than making no money at all in that time frame, I can decide if it's a quick enough car to not make me feel like I'm losing out time wise, I never see the customer again, and I'm putting a good film on that I know won't turn purple in a year. Because if that did happen, you know they'll tell their friends you did it, and not that they cheaped out and used your 'crap' option.

Guest GottaWearShades

Use what you know. Just because a customer brings their own film doesn't mean you have to use it. It's your name on the work. You have to keep your standards high if you want to further your reputation.

Guest Darknesswithin
I know the feeling of having to use crappy films. I just recently tried using suntek for a back glass and getting it to shink was a chore. I ending up scrapping it and opening a new roll of global. I had it done in no time with the global film ill will never try to use that suntek crap for a back glass again.

lol2.gif:thumb:stop:spit:imok:imok:lol:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2 you chose to purchase the "Standard series" didn't you.. 1 mil Nr film......... just guessing!

then you purchased a 1.5 mil rubbery film,, and WOW you are sold huh?

im guessing you use sun tek and your feelings are now hurt. if it works for you than fine but I personally liked the global.

Never tried Global but I know Sun Tek is really easy to shrink, what line where you using?

Archived