bg installs

Guest tint325i

Guest tint325i

just a thought but does anyone else use vinyl application paper? slightly sticky paper used for vinyl application, put a sheet over the rear deck if its a bit fuzzy to keep contamination down, doesnt lift with the wet film during install if it touches, ive been doing it for years but dont think I have ever seen it mentioned on here

Guest fimmo

another tinter showed me a wee trick, he blew his heatgun over 'fluffy' bits, but I stress only very very lightly, as it'll singe the bits that usually fly up to the static that the tint has, any more heat than needed will burn, hard to describe but been doing it for a few years now. but I stress you dont go oover the whole rear deck usually just bits that are over fluffy if you get what I mean???

Guest filmslayer
another tinter showed me a wee trick, he blew his heatgun over 'fluffy' bits, but I stress only very very lightly, as it'll singe the bits that usually fly up to the static that the tint has, any more heat than needed will burn, hard to describe but been doing it for a few years now. but I stress you dont go oover the whole rear deck usually just bits that are over fluffy if you get what I mean???

I do that as well and then flush the chit out of it water ...

I use scraps of window film to mask the rear decks on those sorts. Cut it to fit the window and then lay it down....and it is free as it is scraps.... had it in the TOTW at one time....

just a thought but does anyone else use vinyl application paper? slightly sticky paper used for vinyl application, put a sheet over the rear deck if its a bit fuzzy to keep contamination down, doesnt lift with the wet film during install if it touches, ive been doing it for years but dont think I have ever seen it mentioned on here

I do that, but I use the backing from my local printer friends waste I mask it into place using electrical tape so the whole deck is covered, it does lift eventually but by that time the tint is in place. If taped down shiny side up it works a treat. :lol2

Guest tint325i

h#ly sh#t fimmo (must be a fife thing!) sounds like 2 much risk 2 me, dont fancy it on those dodge things with the fuzzy white rear deck, slightest brown mark would show bigtime, they also dont like masking tape as it just pulls all the fuzz off when you remove it, not good! that app tape costs nothing and not sticky enought to risk any damage, most cars I dont use anything but theres a few that need a barrier

Guest naughtydog

I have used it in the past - I reverse roll most back glass's now.

I think the clear film for protecting carpets in the house would be good.

Guest tint325i

I find film or polythene etc sticks to the wet film if it comes in contact, paper doesnt do that, and its slightly sticky so no tape required

Archived