Don't toss your old squeegees

I got a friend who restores the Olde Skool wood-planes as if they were going into the Smithsonian Museum. It is amazing how good American Craftsmanship once was.

Now we can use an I-phone to get a high resolution PICTURE of anything that ever existed, but not the item itself.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA
Yeah I'm kinda thinking a HARD CARD sharpener is for HARD CARDs not soft urethane. And yeah, our tool dealers have them made in China for what penny each?

Quality I'm telling ya.

Anyone remember how good the White Teflon cards were back in the very early nineties when they were USA made?

YES THEY WERE! I remember getting one after the change and tossing it into the trash.

I used to sharpen my Blue Max blades with the hard card sharpener. It was kind of a pain to get a nice cut but I started putting a little dishsoap and using a new blade, that seems to make it easier.

Now I just buy the non-beveled edge Blue Max blades, they are cheaper, stiffer, and cost a little less. The squared edge won't fit in the sharpening tool though.

Dang I was hoping for a TOTW :dunno:beer

I'm putting this one up tomorrow for the TOTW vote. I haven't found another one to put up against it yet though :lol2

Thanks TD! You can just give me the medal now :lol2 since no one else has a TOTW :lol

Winner by default :lol

I think TOTW should be turned into TOTM twocents.gif Yrs ago it made sense..now it's just like hockey ..too many teams so it's too watered down :lol

Archived