anagraph users

watchdaride

try clean cut blades been using his for a couple of years now they hold up great and being on this site we get a discount.

Jeff

http://www.cleancutblade.com/

didnt have much luck with them . They didnt produce much of anagraph blades. I think my problem is the cutting strip. Looked closely today . the strip has a few grooves in it .

Here is the best way you can test if it is a cut strip problem and not the blades. If your material is cutting great in one spot, but not cutting all the way thru in another. it is your strip and not your blades... this will also hold true if the cutting is the reverse of what I just said. But before you go and order a new strip try making sure that the strip is even installed properly. Rub your thumb over it and see if it feels a bit bumpy. if it does then it needs to be smoothed out.

Here is the best way you can test if it is a cut strip problem and not the blades. If your material is cutting great in one spot, but not cutting all the way thru in another. it is your strip and not your blades... this will also hold true if the cutting is the reverse of what I just said. But before you go and order a new strip try making sure that the strip is even installed properly. Rub your thumb over it and see if it feels a bit bumpy. if it does then it needs to be smoothed out.

thanks for the info . I will go through 4-5 months working perfect then when you change a blade or change strip it takes a few days to get it back good. When you put a new blade in do you let it cut a few things to work it in . Some times I put in a new blade and the tip breaks off .

When you change your blade are you unscrweing the bottom piece to replace the balde, or just pushing the little thin rod at the top of the holder to release the blade? If your unscrewing the bottom piece. That will make it a bit more of a pain to get the pressure right for cutting. As far as what I do after changing a blade. I just use the quick release rod at the top of the holder and push out the old blade then put in the new. I may have to make a few test cuts and back the pressure back one or two incriments, but other than that I do nothing special. As far as your blade tip breaking off. I have never seen that happen on any plotter I have used, and I have used anagraph, dgi, graphtec, roland and uscutter. I can't even begin to try and figure out what would cause that!

Archived