Nissan Z cars

Guest Chicks Tinting

Guest Chicks Tinting

Hi Dudes :lol6

Today I was at a Nissian Dealer. I heard a story of a tint co that blew up three Z car rear windows.The latest one today. I dont know if they scribbed the window causing a weak area or if its a flaw in the glass........ The car was sitting in the sun after being tinted when it shattered.

Have any of you done this and what should be done to avoid it.? Any ideas? :lol

I have done 3 with no problems.....but there might be a problem with the glass itself, its happend before with different models, I believe the rodeo was one, I never had a problem with that either, but I guess it could happen.

I would inform the dealer or customer before hand, and let them be the judge on wether they want it tinted after hearing this, basicly just let them know there might be a problem with the glass and you will not accept responsibity for it, no way this is the tinters fault, that is definitely faulty glass to begin with.

Guest Chicks Tinting

Yes these are new cars..2003 / 2004 It has never happnes to me either. Knock on Wood..... I do know of guys touching the glass with a heat gun while heating the glass and causing it to shatter. :idea

Guest metint

There once was a hyndai that had a back glass mounted in body incorrectly during manufacturering that caused breakage during heat forming, but I don't remember which one and how long ago this was.

Could be these Z cars have the same issue.

Or it could be that glass taboo; nickel-sulfide inclusion at work here.

:idea

Guest powertints
:idea Haven't had any problems here yet. The ones that are breaking, do they have really dark film that's absorbing a lot of heat?? All I have done have been in either 35 or 20.

Archived