anchor techniques

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tips guys!!! Since the majority of my filming is commercial I struggle on some cars when it comes to shrinking. I can lay a ton of picture perfect flatglass , french panes ,no problem , dow 995 I love doing it , but when it comes to shrinking bg's sometimes I end up redoing it a couple of times . I watch friends who own other shops shrink film like I install french panes (like artwork) then I try it and BAMM ",Dang don't ever schedule another car !!! " I did a Viper last month and felt like smashing the window. Some cars are OK and go good others not. Am I really a Pro ?Ha Ha . Thanks for the tips .

Guest Bad Boy Tinting

I still don't get the whole pull method. I have always just heated the film and i use a hard card to lay it down as i work from side to side until i shrink the film all the way to the top and bottom on the window. Perhaps some of you guys are over complicating the whole shrinking process. :dunno

I agree 100 precent....Just shrink it.....I have done a million back glasses, with out all this Hype!

I still don't get the whole pull method. I have always just heated the film and i use a hard card to lay it down as i work from side to side until i shrink the film all the way to the top and bottom on the window. Perhaps some of you guys are over complicating the whole shrinking process. :dunno

I agree 100 precent....Just shrink it.....I have done a million back glasses, with out all this Hype!

I don't know about all the "hype" but the lift and pull method does work but in my opinion it's no better than my normal way to do tough glass.

Guest Psalm91

great post. I have a question, when you are shrinking back glass to you get it all the way flat, or is it ok to still have some wrinkling but no major fingers? I watched a couple on youtube, some get it completely flat, like perfect and others just get it close.

Archived