anchor techniques

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great post. I have a question, when you are shrinking back glass to you get it all the way flat, or is it ok to still have some wrinkling but no major fingers? I watched a couple on youtube, some get it completely flat, like perfect and others just get it close.

once you get the hang of shrinking your film you dont need to shrink it completely flat but its easier to check your work if you completely flatten it.

All patterns bottom half are already trimmed to window shape..the top halfs are left hanging over the car sides/top a bit,uncut so I can pull the film up and outward like the lift and pull shrink..Then chopped off when it's smoothed out..

I always do the H now. I know you need a middle horizontal anchor, and maybe you dont "anchor" the side but they need to be fairly tight for the most part though right?

starting to just use my hand now. I still will do a wet test after shrinking to make sure its good since I am just starting out.

Have been using dryer sheets but going to try baby powder this weekend.

First started trying to "wet" shrink. The heat just caused the water to dry and the film would stick and I would be confussed as to why my vertical fingers were turning horizontal! After about 100' of GOOD tint (another mistake learned!) I finally started to learn the BG.

After about 100' of GOOD tint (another mistake learned!) I finally started to learn the BG.

Oh you are not kidding....When I first started I figured, autozone tint couldn't be that much different....Almost gave up completely if it wasn't for the first good roll i ordered...I was completely amazed

Archived