Removing door panel on lexus IS250

Guest alexlop525i

Guest alexlop525i

I took my lexus IS 250 to get tint today, and when I got home I realized the front passenger side door LOCK doesn't fully lock!! its seems to be stuck somehow. Anyway, I called the place and they had closed already and aren't open till monday and today is saturday. I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this and if so how is it fixed?

Guest naughtydog

There is a lock cable going to the door release, I bet they have;nt clipped it back in properly.

No biggy - dont lose any sleep over it

Guest Darknesswithin

just have patience and go back to them on monday and they will fix it right,, it happens alot when tinters remove door panels, no worries

Guest CWORX9679

IVE TINTED ABOUT 30 LEXUS IS MODELS AND THERE ARE ONLY 4 SCREWS IN THE DOOR PANEL PRETTY EASY TO TAKE THEM OFF AFTER THE SCREWS ALL IT DOES IS POP OFF AND MAKE SURE THE WINDOW IS DOWN TO CLEAR THE BIG ASS TWEETER THATS ON THE PANEL

IVE TINTED ABOUT 30 LEXUS IS MODELS AND THERE ARE ONLY 4 SCREWS IN THE DOOR PANEL PRETTY EASY TO TAKE THEM OFF AFTER THE SCREWS ALL IT DOES IS POP OFF AND MAKE SURE THE WINDOW IS DOWN TO CLEAR THE BIG ASS TWEETER THATS ON THE PANEL

are you sure you've tinted 30 IS models??? The 2006 and newer IS have only 2 screws for each door panel.......one behind door handle and one underneath the window button.

I have a love hate thing going with the IS250. The door panels are easy money! Just be sure you take your time forming the front glasses! What a pita!!

Archived