EWF Charcoal Series

I got a sample roll of EWF Classic Charcoal and did the back glass of a pretty easy car and had a hell of a time heat shrinking. They claim SUPER SHRINK but I don't thinkso. I found it easier with There truesmoke. Who else has used this product. Also it didnt seem to stick very well to the glass maybe I should of used sliptack?

Hi Ben,

This is Howard at Express Films. Thanks for an insightful post.

Theoretically, the Classic Series would be better shrinkers as they are traditional dip-dyed constructions (like Global/Llumar). In this case, you have a preference for the True Smoke, which is made with the color in the laminating adhesive.

You are far from alone in this preference. I think what is says is that you are either accustomed to that type of construction based upon the type(s) you have used in the past OR your particular installation technique lends itself better to the TS type construction.

Can you share a little about which films you have used/liked/disliked in the past?

And thanks for ordering from my company.

-Howard

Guest scottydosnntkno

I agree about the techniques fitting the film.

I'm used to true black, so I'm used to how a film with that construction shrinks. Lots of eat, and not a lot of touching. let the heat gun do the work, and the film will float itself down.

Just the other day, I tried using some supreme, and man was that stuff a biatch. Its SO thin and flimsy, as soon as I pointed my big red at it it wanted to burn and bunch up, and stick to the soap that was on the glass. It also didn't "flow" by itself, you had to force it with your hand. I remember a few years ago when I used to use supreme a lot, that it was the easiest film on earth to shrink with.

Now, I think TB is a extremely easy film to work with.

TS is very similar in every aspect to TB, even in shrinking to some extent. Its still a thick film, so it takes a lot of heat unlike some other thinner films, and due to the thickness it also flows by itself fairly well without the need for manhandling during the shrink process. Its also very much like QDP is.

I don't have any hands on experience with classic charcoal, so I can't comment much on that.

Hi Ben,

This is Howard at Express Films. Thanks for an insightful post.

Theoretically, the Classic Series would be better shrinkers as they are traditional dip-dyed constructions (like Global/Llumar). In this case, you have a preference for the True Smoke, which is made with the color in the laminating adhesive.

You are far from alone in this preference. I think what is says is that you are either accustomed to that type of construction based upon the type(s) you have used in the past OR your particular installation technique lends itself better to the TS type construction.

Can you share a little about which films you have used/liked/disliked in the past?

And thanks for ordering from my company.

-Howard

Your right I think it just takes some getting used to. It does look great on the car once you get it on lol :lol BTW Your service is top notch.

just remember EWF requires the use of real heat guns not the cheap $29 dollar ones :evileye

Thanks for pointing that out Joe. The nerds in the lab are in total agreement with your statement. High heat & high airflow are indicated.

-Howard

I used a 20 dollar wagner with holes drilled in the back for a year with True Black with no problems quick one piece back windows. Just gave it away today because it smelled like burning plastic whenever I turned it on and it was on fire a couple times. :lol2 I had the same problem with the 1.5 classic charcoal metal hybrid sample did a easy 98 golf back window had a lot of peanuts on defroster lines and curled on the matrix boarder. I like the 1.2 nr classic charcoal (QPD) better.

Guest KEDman

I have noticed with the True smoke after just a year or two it really starts to fade to clear, which is better than purple, but does the true black do this as well?

Archived