Nissan Micra rear w/s

Guest vesko_m

Guest vesko_m

Hi,

first post here.

I thought I could ask my question directly to somebody as PM, but I am not able to send PMs, so decided to open a topic.

I have a Nissan Micra K12.

Want to tint the rear side windows and the rear w/s with 3M crystalline - CR 70

My wife drives it, I am looking for heat protection, and as low as possible darkening - this is why I think CR70 is right for her.

But the local 3M tint fitter here said that the rear window of the micra is really hard curved - spherical and he cannot fit crystalline at all.

Offers CR70 on the rear side windows and CS50 on the rear windshield. I am afraid that it will look nasty, because crystalline is bluish and ColorStable is more black than blue.

Car looks like this:

4705018389_94c14064dd.jpg

What's your professional advice?

Anybody fitted crystalline on Micra? And what would you recommend in my case?

Thanks in advance.

Guest vesko_m

OK

My Micra got tinted on saturday.

I am not happy with the result :thumb

First - they did the rear windscreen twice - first attempt with on piece tint, they messed it while heating it and decided to put a 2 piece tint - they charged me for the first unsuccessful attempt.

Second - despite the rear window is a 2 piece tint it has a lot of wrinkles in the corners, I wil post pictures later. I will wait for 5-7 days - they told me this is the time it needs to dry out, but I doubt it will get any better.

Is that so hard to put crystalline on a curved windscreen like Micra one?

They said that crystalline is pretty thick film so this makes it hard to put on curved windows.

The rear side windows are pretty good. On saturday I saw two or three air bubbles, but today I think they flattened and can't see any flaws on these windows.

So maybe the problem is with really hard curved windows.

Despite that I am considering tinting the front side windows (thay are flat after all :) ) The tint is a little greenish and looking at the car from the sides you cannot tell there is tint on the rear windows (won't have problems with the cops for the front side windows)

Guest vesko_m

You know VIP, on second thought you are right - and I should be not only happy, but satisfied :thumb

When I called to book for tinting, the guy said that it cannot be done on my car with this type of film.

I insisted that I will pay for trying, and if he doesn't succeed then put the 3M CS50 on the rear w/s.

So I guess it was his effort to satisfy me, and after messing with the one piece crystalline, he made it in two pieces. So I should be happy, even with the flaws that I can see after fitting the tint.

They are not that visible, because this film is so transparent you have to get pretty close to the window and it should be clean to spot them.

if youre still not satisfied just put the cs50 on it.

if that were my shop id fit the cs50 at no additional charge even for removal. but since your guy charged you for his first mistake I bet he will charge you again if you want it redone. crystaline is a very expensive film, that may be the reason he did that. or the fact that he told you it wasnt possible made him want to get some money back for his attempts.

I hope you get it to your liking. and dont lose hope on window tint or 3M. there are a lot of high end films that are very similar

Archived