Service Magic.......Anyone use it??

Guest sound&security

dont bother-its a waste of your money.

YOU pay them for their service which doesnt mean your going to make money.

HERES how it works-customer calls them for a good honest company to perform a service for said customer [tint/plumbing/painting and so on]

service magic calls you with the lead-where you in turn call the customer for date to go measure their home for tint.

next its up to you to make the sale-and if you cant lock it down you wasted your time-BUT that's buisness.

BUT heres were it gets good-for every customers name and phone number they call to give you -you owe service magic $15 and that not to say they didnt call and give the same customer contact info to the tint shop 6 blocks away also or the guys across town.

they tell the customer that they will provide them with 3 fully checked out service contractors to bid the work for them. dont be suprized to see another tinter leaving their home the same time your pulling up to quote a job. that's how it works-customers pay anothing for the service but you pay per phone number they give you. SOME TIMES YOU CALL THE NUMBER AND ITS DISCONECTED-its a scam

UMM-YAH-you can spend your money for advertizing else were like 4x6 2 sided ad cards [5000 for $200] like the night clubs do and walk around your neighbor hood at night and stick them in mail boxes on your own to drum up more BIZZ

SERVICE MAGIC & SERVICE PRO's are both scams

They have been courting me for some time. The charge for each referal is $9 / residential and $15 / commercial. Unfortunately, they say that they pass the same information on to 2 to 3 other companies. I looked up the others in my area and one is reputable, the other comes from out of state, is not registered with the state as a business or taxes. Service Magic claims to check the company out, but I think it is all Bull!!!

Just like any lead service, YMMV. I've used them in the past.... yes, they give the clients name to several companies. IMO - it's no different then if the client were to call three companies on their own. So if your main reason for not using them is because you'll have to go up against other companies - that's just part of the biz plain and simple.

I have had several bad leads from them which they have given me credit for when asked.

The problem *I* see with these types of serrvices in general is that I think people who use them, looking for work, are just looking for the lowest priced company. Of course, once you get into a house then its all on you to sell the job, but it's a lot harder when people are just interested in price and not quality. (Unless u are the lowest priced shop)

Guest Sunlimited
They have been courting me for some time.

They've been calling us as well. Thought about it, last week, I'm glad this thread popped up to see other's input...

Been getting calls from Service Magic lately to list with them. Does anyone have any experience with them they wish to share??

We have been getting SM leads for 3 plus years.

They do pre-qualify the dealers so you have to have insurance and business credentials. This eliminates those businesses that moonlight or cut corners.

Obviously you have to compete but that's the American Way. I'd recommend trying it out and measure the outcome in your marketing area.

:beer

Archived