NZ peoples, tell me about your country!!

For many years I have been fascinated with your country, borderline obsessed. As I get older I am starting to think a lot more about making a plan on moving somewhere else. On the New Zealand official website they seem super welcoming and what not, but I want to see what real people say. It's OK if you shoot down my high hopes of beautiful outdoors and laid back living and tell me there are no jobs, and you might get stabbed for your wallet, I'm just curious what you think day to day life is like.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol6 I'm gonna sit back and watch this one since this may be a good idea if it gets too bad and they throw out the Constitution here

LOL, been thinking about this long before our current issues, though the US does seem to be crumbling away before our eyes the last 10-20 years. Better brush up on your spanish and quran.

To be honest I am just sick of the scenery and people in my area. I've looked around other states that are an idea of where I would like to live, but short of Hawaii, I dunno, somewhere green, somewhere with water, somewhere a little slower and a little more laid back. I feel like I would be happier in a straw shack on a beach than spending the rest of my life here in the desert.

I've always wanted to move there too. I read a good book about it, cool country not gonna think about it while I've got my dog though... its tough to move with pets :(

PM me your address I'll mail you the book I have, just send it back once done :lol6

I've always wanted to move there too. I read a good book about it, cool country not gonna think about it while I've got my dog though... its tough to move with pets :(

PM me your address I'll mail you the book I have, just send it back once done :lol6

Tell me the name and I can Amazon it, only if it has pictures though, lol I love pictures.

somewhere green, somewhere with water, somewhere a little slower and a little more laid back.

LOL that's New Zealand!!! :thumb

It's beautiful, my hubby is always trying to get me to buy a holiday house there, but I can't pick between the north or south island.

I've looked around other states that are an idea of where I would like to live, but short of Hawaii, I dunno, somewhere green, somewhere with water, somewhere a little slower and a little more laid back. I feel like I would be happier in a straw shack on a beach than spending the rest of my life here in the desert.

Have you been to Maui?? I've been a couple times now and I love it more and more with each trip. It is very laid back... green.. tons of water. Of course, I don't know how living there would be compared to just being there on vacation where you don't really have to worry about anything, but during my visits I've seen several VW buses that are parked on the side of the road with people who use it as their house. Surf all day... BBQ their meals... live in the 'dub. I can't tell you how appealing that is.... The island is small - comparatively. To get from one side to the other, sans traffic, takes I think like an hour or so.. On my last trip, I went hiking with some locals (*THE* coolest part of my trip bar none) on the west side of the island... they live on the eastern side... and they said they hadn't been over to that side of the island in like 3 years. lol

It is a whole other way of living over there. I'd do it in a NY minute if it wasn't so freaking far from NJ. I've got too many friends and family members that aren't well health wise and I won't leave.

But yeah - too many cool places to see and check out in the world.....

Archived