Last one to post #38

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rats....now I think I have what they call "Posterior Tibial Tendonitis"....lovely...watch me have to get a cast.....when it rains it pours! :lol2

you think or the Dr said? not trying to be an @$$ dude. = really don't think they cast for that.. tendonitis is just swelling of the connective tissue that holds the muscle to the bone. you know on the chicken drumstick that gross chewy thing that is best just to pull off. the good news is at the worst they put you in a boot or knee immobilizer. is it your knee or ankle that is bothering you? they will also give you ibuprofin to reduce the swelling and tell you to stay off of it as much as possible. 13 years as a medic I did learn something. oh yeah. the posterior is saying it is on the back side and tibial is describing one of the two bones that make up the lower leg. they have long fancy words that they use to describe the location and of course scare the crap out of you.

Morning all!

rats....now I think I have what they call "Posterior Tibial Tendonitis"....lovely...watch me have to get a cast.....when it rains it pours! :lol2

you think or the Dr said? not trying to be an @$$ dude. = really don't think they cast for that.. tendonitis is just swelling of the connective tissue that holds the muscle to the bone. you know on the chicken drumstick that gross chewy thing that is best just to pull off. the good news is at the worst they put you in a boot or knee immobilizer. is it your knee or ankle that is bothering you? they will also give you ibuprofin to reduce the swelling and tell you to stay off of it as much as possible. 13 years as a medic I did learn something. oh yeah. the posterior is saying it is on the back side and tibial is describing one of the two bones that make up the lower leg. they have long fancy words that they use to describe the location and of course scare the crap out of you.

I was the one doing the diagnosis, doc. And if you look at what I said..."watch me have to"...it was more like a "knowing my luck, it will be worst case scenario (because, in my research, I have seen that it is required in some instances) "...not "I HAVE to get a cast".

Well, as it turns, my diagnosis was bang on. Ended up headin down to emergency at 4 this morning when the pain finally hit it's apex....oh...and the doc had no idea what it was...I told him what I thought...he went out to some med. books, and sure enough.... Good news is though, he thinks that being on crutches for a few days should be all I will need to get it fixed up.

Oh, and just to let you know...I know what "posterior" and "tibial" means...hence the ability to figure it out on my own. :thumb:dunno

Archived