mini cooper tint job

this past week I did a 2009 mini cooper that I priced over the phone as a normal 2dr car price.

when the customer drops off the car we go over what they want on the windows, and my customer was thinking that my price included the cars 2 sunroofs. I inform them that that price was for side and rear windows only there was no metion of sunroofs when I made the appointment. So I tell them I will do the sunroofs for an extra 50 no problem. Then they tell me that they would also like for me to install the hood stripes the had ordered and did not feel comfortable installing them. So to sweeten the deal I tell them I'll put the stripes on for free. made them very happy and only added about 10 mins to the job anyways. am I a nice guy or what.

I stopped being nice, because it doesn't pay my bills.

+1. I used to be a lot nicer then I am... I'll still do things here and there, but the bottom line is as you said - it doesn't pay the bills.

eta: C2C - good job though! One of the nice things about being the boss - you can make those types of calls. :beer

Guest scottydosnntkno
Sometimes the nice guy thing bites you in the a$$, lol

That ain't no %&$#, offer to upgrade or do a little extra then they bitch about the freebie work. I stopped being nice, because it doesn't pay my bills.

:beer

but, such as the case of doing something like installing the hood stripes, I'd still do it since its quick and easy. Just like if I get a dirty car in, I give it a quick vacuum down afterwards, throw out the cups, etc and the customers are always ecstatic.

Archived