Help with BG 1998 ZX2

SHONOFF98

I flew through the rest of the windows as they were cake. But this back window is driving my nuts Ive tried it 3 times so far every time I keep creasing it. I'm using the mdog soap method to shrink it. I tried a middle horizontal anchor twice and then the third time I moved the anchor closer to the top which worked great from shrinking the top and all the way till about 8 inches of the bottom then it seemed like there was still to much film and it would still crease. Im using a hard card and a heatgun. If anyone has any tips or techniques I would GREATLY appreciate it! Sorry for the newb post but I don't have alot of experience yet.

don't use a hard card, get a knit glove, like a cheap cotton one, you will crease less. In the corners where there is a lot of extra film, push it more to the middle to make less film on the sides to shrink. if you are running out of shrinking on the corners, pull the film as you heat it, to sort of stretch it out. I will make you a video if you have an hour to wait, or do some searching, I'm sure it's here somewhere, I just need to go work on a car right now.

I am uploading the video now. I would leave as much overlap as possible so you have more tint to shrink and more to handle for moving and pulling. as for anchoring, you might try just a small anchor of a few inches on the sides so you can shrink the film all the way to the sides, the more you film you have to spread out your shrinking, the easier it it to manage. Also ig you are having a really hard time, maybe leave a few fingers on the sides and lay them down after it's installed, if the film has a decent adhesive it should be alright.

Archived