Roll Up Window with Frames

So I have now tinted a handful of vehicles but I am having an issue with the top edge of roll up door windows with the frame. What is the best way to cut the top edge to match the outline of the glass so it is smooth?

What I am doing now (which can't be right): I put the tint on the outside of the window, and cut the tint on the bottom edge of the rubber gasket at the top, but this is resulting in uneven or jagged lines across the top edge of the tint. Although not a huge deal to some, personally I am not happy with it. Do I just leave some extra overhang on the top and when I apply it to the inside, roll the window down and trim it as if it were a non-frame window?

Sorry for the noob question but I would like to do this the right way.

Thank you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you got to roll the window down an inch or two and use the top edge of the glass to make your cut. are you just leaving the window rolled up and using the gasket to cut the top edge of the film? go on youtube and watch some videos. everyone does it a little different but using the window opening to cut the top edge of the film is wrong.

Archived