2011 ford mustang felt installation

Guest Baileys protint

Guest Baileys protint

good evening tint guru's . I am a new tinter recently certified by 3m and have about 8 months under my belt. I am a former race car mechanic and custom bike builder so i have a pretty good knowledge of cars and figured i would round it off with a new career twist, tinting windows and installing invisible bras. That being said i have an appointment to tint a new mustang, and understand i need to install the felt to avoid the hideous scratches fords are infamous for in the doors. I have never done this nor was i shown how in training. I would appreciate any and all input on where to purchase the correct materials and possibly a video tutorial if at all possible . Thanks so much in advance!

i buy my felt from 'the felt people'durafelt.the quickest easiest way to felt the mustang is

1.roll down window

2.cut a piece of felt the length of the inner door moulding

3.clean the inner door moulding

4.take the felt and peel back about two inches of the backing

5.slip the felt inside the door moulding where the adhesive sticks to the moulding

6.pull back the paper exposing the adhesive as you run the felt across the mouding till the end.

i use a 'glass stick' to apply the felt as im pulling the backin off.hope this helps.no need to take off door panel

Guest Darknesswithin
we pull the pannel sand down the molding prep the molding use adhesive promoter then felt it we charge for it and do it the right way

:beer

sanding and using a promoter is definitely the best way... don't have any edges or corners lifting later on

has anyone noticed that after 2008 & UP the mustang has felt and no need to felt these cars EVER!!!!!!!

05-06-07 go buy the factory felt/inner weather strip for a 08 never add mole skin to a mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I POSTED THE PART NUMBERS ON A PREVIOUS THREAD" or call your local ford dealer

has anyone noticed that after 2008 & UP the mustang has felt and no need to felt these cars EVER!!!!!!!

05-06-07 go buy the factory felt/inner weather strip for a 08 never add mole skin to a mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I POSTED THE PART NUMBERS ON A PREVIOUS THREAD" or call your local ford dealer

They are about $28 ea at the local ford dealer, I usually keep a set in stock as an option for customers.

Archived