Removing windshield tint

The whole windshield my main concern is scratching the glass.

Change to a new SS blade often. That will help with the scratching concerns. A new sharp blade takes less force to use which results in a smaller chance of scratching. :nope

:bingo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintjam65

Prick up an edge and see if you can simply yank the poly-film off, get yourself some CarKem glass cleaner or Simple Pink, plug the bottom with absorbent towels, spray and soak and wipe away with an old bath towel. If it doesn't come away by wiping, use a blade. COVER the dash and any nearby electronics.

A steamer will work without cracking it seems odd putting heat on a windscreen but it doesnt crack em. Also why not use the ol' bag technique?

I was thinking of doing the bag technique by that i assume you mean the trash bag, defrost on, ammonia and sunny day but my concerns with that where obviously the heat cracking the windshield second in eastern nc now it is cooling off I did not know if with the lack of heat I would still be able to use that method.

Guest tintjam65
I was thinking of doing the bag technique by that i assume you mean the trash bag, defrost on, ammonia and sunny day but my concerns with that where obviously the heat cracking the windshield second in eastern nc now it is cooling off I did not know if with the lack of heat I would still be able to use that method.

Successful bagging can be and has been achieved on 30 degree days, you just need clear skies and a bit more time.

Guest Retnitorp
The whole windshield my main concern is scratching the glass.

if your concern is scratching the glass.after the film is is removed,you can use Windex like already suggested,or a Heavy soap "slip" solution.spray on evenly and let it sit till the adhesive softens up a bit.scrap with a sharp plastic hard card "little chizler" or similar then follow up with #0000 steel wool to remove the remainder of adhesive.

Archived