20% charcoal 09 Silverado

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you have alot to learn my young tint friend, how long you been tinting again?

what you choose to do for your customer's is entirely up to you, are you arguing about whats legal or illegal? or was it being a professional installer? :thumb

I'm arguing with your comment about how professionals don't do illegal installations. Now I'll assume your definition of a professional tinter is somebody who does good, legal work. While that's all sunshine and rainbows, I feel its useless to be so gung-ho about your "tint morals". I'm from a state where the legal VLT for front windows is 70% when your on a public roadway. However, the act of me INSTALLING the tint to the front window isn't illegal.

So when somebody comes in and wants 30% all the way around and doesn't care about getting a ticket (when told its illegal)...well, I think it'd be foolish to turn them away. 30/35/42/50/etc% isn't a danger to anybody.

You can try to paint me as naive, which I may be, but the guy that trained me has 15+ years experience and has the same opinion on the subject as me. (and I've been told he's one of the best in the area.)

you have alot to learn my young tint friend, how long you been tinting again?

what you choose to do for your customer's is entirely up to you, are you arguing about whats legal or illegal? or was it being a professional installer? :thumb

I'm arguing with your comment about how professionals don't do illegal installations. Now I'll assume your definition of a professional tinter is somebody who does good, legal work. While that's all sunshine and rainbows, I feel its useless to be so gung-ho about your "tint morals". I'm from a state where the legal VLT for front windows is 70% when your on a public roadway. However, the act of me INSTALLING the tint to the front window isn't illegal.

So when somebody comes in and wants 30% all the way around and doesn't care about getting a ticket (when told its illegal)...well, I think it'd be foolish to turn them away. 30/35/42/50/etc% isn't a danger to anybody.

You can try to paint me as naive, which I may be, but the guy that trained me has 15+ years experience and has the same opinion on the subject as me. (and I've been told he's one of the best in the area.)

im not against doing what the customer wants, as long as its sane. i feel when you hit the 20% mark on fronts thats the limit, i wouldnt feel comfortable in my car darker than 30 on the front i dont think. you need to be able to seeeeee, thats why the engineers put so much glass on the vehicle.

id like to know how these states make their laws, because they dont make much sense. how they can change so drastically across a distance of 1 mile. it should be regulated on your latitude position on earth.

you should be able to see the person inside, and if fear from a police standpoint of walking up to the car is the issue, its easily fixed by marking anyone with a criminal history with a different license plate which signifies no tint allowed.

or something, something more sane than drastic changes from state to state

Guest Darknesswithin

it has nothing to do with whos training you or how good they are or how much experience he has or if you think it's foolish to turn illegal tint work away

it's still illegal ass.gif

I can see from your experience in the film industry that this discussion over legal or illegal installations is like :thumb with you...

lesson #1 is free

ya see my young tinter, we all have to do what is necessary to make ends meet in our lives, but one thing a professional installer Does Not do is publicly talk about it on a open forum.

if you don't see the point of this argument from this point on anything you add is just :thumb

ya see my young tinter, we all have to do what is necessary to make ends meet in our lives, but one thing a professional installer Does Not do is publicly talk about it on a open forum.

See, I don't think that makes you any more of a professional than the next guy, just because you hide the fact that you tint illegally.

See, I don't think that makes you any more of a professional than the next guy, just because you hide the fact that you tint illegally.

that would be a worthy statement, if he actually put film on cars against state law, but he dosnt.

:lol2

:beer

:thumb

that would be a worthy statement, if he actually put film on cars against state law, but he dosnt.

:lol2

:beer

His own post implies otherwise.

The guy who trained me told me not to fight this battle for this very reason...because it doesn't get anywhere. But I feel its very easy to criticize people who do illegal installs when you're from a state that allows 28/15. He told me that most of the people acting holier-than-thou are from a state that has tint laws which are more lenient. In this particular situation, that seems to hold true. I'd like to see you hold your moral ground when you work in a state that doesn't allow anything on the front windows, when customers don't feel its worth the money to just tint the backhalf. "Why pay good money for a good tint job, when the driver doesn't even benefit from it?" We're not a shop that's cranking out cars with limo tint all the way around, by any means. But if somebody wants to risk 50, 35, 30 percent, then I can't really blame them.

Guest Darknesswithin

that would be a worthy statement, if he actually put film on cars against state law, but he dosnt. :nope

:nono

:bitchslap

:spank

:bingo

:bitchslap

The guy who trained me told me not to fight this battle for this very reason...because it doesn't get anywhere. But I feel its very easy to criticize people who do illegal installs when you're from a state that allows 28/15. He told me that most of the people acting holier-than-thou are from a state that has tint laws which are more lenient. In this particular situation, that seems to hold true. I'd like to see you hold your moral ground when you work in a state that doesn't allow anything on the front windows, when customers don't feel its worth the money to just tint the backhalf. "Why pay good money for a good tint job, when the driver doesn't even benefit from it?" We're not a shop that's cranking out cars with limo tint all the way around, by any means. But if somebody wants to risk 50, 35, 30 percent, then I can't really blame them.

i agree, i tinted my car back in highschool before illinois law changed to allow tint on the fronts and i did it, 35%

i do feel its up to the vehicle owner and dont see why it should come back on the installer (though it has)

o well, people that make "laws" feel its necessary to control everyone else

humans are weird, people controlling other people

Archived