20% charcoal 09 Silverado

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jody121
you have alot to learn my young tint friend, how long you been tinting again?

what you choose to do for your customer's is entirely up to you, are you arguing about whats legal or illegal? or was it being a professional installer? :bitchslap

I'm arguing with your comment about how professionals don't do illegal installations. Now I'll assume your definition of a professional tinter is somebody who does good, legal work. While that's all sunshine and rainbows, I feel its useless to be so gung-ho about your "tint morals". I'm from a state where the legal VLT for front windows is 70% when your on a public roadway. However, the act of me INSTALLING the tint to the front window isn't illegal.

So when somebody comes in and wants 30% all the way around and doesn't care about getting a ticket (when told its illegal)...well, I think it'd be foolish to turn them away. 30/35/42/50/etc% isn't a danger to anybody.

You can try to paint me as naive, which I may be, but the guy that trained me has 15+ years experience and has the same opinion on the subject as me. (and I've been told he's one of the best in the area.)

While the act of you Installing the tint on the windows may not be illegal, and yes if the customer want 30% chances are he will find someone to do it, but if the guy who trained you want to install film that is illegal that is still on him, cause even if you warn a customer it is illegal, they have proof you installed it, the shop itself is liable if the owner gets pulled over, a shop i worked at actually got black listed from a army base for tinting GIs car illegally and also being sued by a civilian customer for getting pulled over. Do what you want, but don't be surprised when you get a knock on your door when someone wants you to retint their car or pay for their ticket. By no means am i saying that you are not a professional or are doubting your abilities, but not smart business.

This subject really has been beat do death here over the last decade.

We can debate the fairness and the logic all day long.

What it comes down to is they have the guns.

Tint is used an excuse to pull people over 1000's of times a day, we just hear about the ones involving the football players and the guys caught with contraband.

There are so many reasons not to install or drive with illegal tint, but only one short sighted reason to do so.

The illusion of money.

"If I don't do it, my sister will." Well your sister is going to get nailed and become a victim of the vampire police state. Agree with it or not it's what we have. Even with light film. They are paid to look for any excuse to pull you over and make you a ward of the state, physically or financially.

And on the other hand, if you are willing to install 5% on some 18 year old punk's car and he hurts someone, then you are on the hook as much as he/she is.

While the act of you Installing the tint on the windows may not be illegal, and yes if the customer want 30% chances are he will find someone to do it, but if the guy who trained you want to install film that is illegal that is still on him, cause even if you warn a customer it is illegal, they have proof you installed it, the shop itself is liable if the owner gets pulled over, a shop i worked at actually got black listed from a army base for tinting GIs car illegally and also being sued by a civilian customer for getting pulled over. Do what you want, but don't be surprised when you get a knock on your door when someone wants you to retint their car or pay for their ticket. By no means am i saying that you are not a professional or are doubting your abilities, but not smart business.
This subject really has been beat do death here over the last decade.

We can debate the fairness and the logic all day long.

What it comes down to is they have the guns.

Tint is used an excuse to pull people over 1000's of times a day, we just hear about the ones involving the football players and the guys caught with contraband.

There are so many reasons not to install or drive with illegal tint, but only one short sighted reason to do so.

The illusion of money.

"If I don't do it, my sister will." Well your sister is going to get nailed and become a victim of the vampire police state. Agree with it or not it's what we have. Even with light film. They are paid to look for any excuse to pull you over and make you a ward of the state, physically or financially.

And on the other hand, if you are willing to install 5% on some 18 year old punk's car and he hurts someone, then you are on the hook as much as he/she is.

Company I'm with has been in business for a little under 20 years without any legal issues; making customers sign waivers and refusing to do anything under 15% on front windows. :bitchslap

:bitchslap The naivete of 19.....Voide, you need to look at the big picture.... the survival of the industry and add in your conscience.

So tinting darker than legal puts food on your table today, but what happens when they relegislate based on the number of deaths and injuries that can be tied in with incidents involving darker than legal film? How good will the food on your table taste when you find out that the tint you applied cost a life? Where does the food for your table come from when all tint is deemed illegal? Food for thought... maybe. :bitchslap

Archived