Tint not sticking to defrost! Tips?

Monique

I've never dared use 00 only 000 and 0000.

I'm guessing you lighten up the pressure when using the 00?

I went thru the 0000 and 000 usage and got no results. Went to 00 and have had no problems scratching the glass. I put pretty good pressure but only on parts that I think will have 'peanut' issues, namely top and bottom about 4" inside from the side edge and all across the uppermost defrost/antenna lines.

I use the white scrubby pads and usually have no problems. When cleaning back glass's I always clean along the defrosters in the middle and scrub hard up and down by the edges. Before you put film on the back glass always look to see how much corrosion or baked on condensation before you put the film on the outside. Rule of thumb for me is clean the back glass first, then cut and shrink the film.

I find that the more passes you do, the worse it gets. Try only doing ones pass and if any peanuts pop up, wait until you do the doors before messing with it.

What he said!!! Now that it's done, the best thing you can do is let it dry. at the end use a lot's of heat and a cloth rag over the brown squeegee. the old lexus have this problem all the time.

Messing with it makes it worse because the corrosion and debris on the defroster line get smeared when you heat it and hard card it. let it dry. Wet shrinking can make more fingers you have to heat out when your done. glass has no fingers, just the film. wet shrinking does not evenly form the film to the glass as dry shrinking does. This is why I prefer baby powder. Soap dryer sheets will also compress the fiml as you shrink, baby powder keeps the film floating so you can see any finger that might need heat before you lay the film.

Archived