2010 VW Jetta Sportwagon

mustangdroptop96

Hey guys I saw a brief post about these but wasn't to specific, anyone done one of these suckers? I could imagine tight sweep seals as with all new VWs so that would be nothing new but is the back window a PITA like the GTIs or what? Also, customer is some foreign guy who wants limo all the way around, yucky lol Anyway he'll be here at 8am if any of you get this gimme a heads up, otherwise I'll shoot some pictures tomorrow

Well the car came out great I ended up going to his house, the back window took a little extra heat in the corners just like the GTIs but almost everything else was cake. Idk how you guys do it but I always start with the back window and work my way up on the sides, well thought it was easy money until I got to the driver and passenger front doors. The felt seal toward the back of the window is a @#$@#$ to slip the film in there, and i had to use a squeegee i made from an old credit card just to get a squeegee in there, it took me 2 tries but after that it was smooth sailing. Oh and the bottom of edge I lined up with the outer molding not the inside because when you go to put it on if your like me and HATE taking door panels off you will not want to much excess at the bottom because there is no way of pushing those seals down or tucking behind them.u raise your price a bit if they want the front windows done just to make up for the time it will take, other than that the car is a breeze. Good luck!

iu.jpg

i.jpg

The front seals come out easily. Unscrew the hex screw top right side. (inner door) Stick your finger in the gasket and pull up and out. To put back in, insert the gasket first then pull the top door panel up and over. The front doors are really tight. The rear doors are not tight. Cake

Hi Guys,

on the door panels on the wagons the panels are tight, but the bottom rubber channels come out fairly easy...

1. peel back panel

2.use a hook tool to pull up the bottom rubber channel ( slow and strong )

tint window LOTS OF SPACE

now putting it back ,,,

1. wet channel with soap mix

2. slide channel in sideways so the channel slides under the door panel channel guides make sure to line up quater window pillar on back doors

3. rest the channel bottom against where the channel meets the door

4. hit the panel while rolling it over back in it's original position

takes practice but once u get it ...it's super easy!!!!

Have Fun..

Archived