Volt

Guest losdawg

Guest losdawg

I saw a Volt on the road and noticed that it has dots on the rear glass. What suprised me was that the dots went halfway down the rear glass. I have not tinted one but I thought I would just put the heads up out. I know that they are only being released in certain areas and D.C. is one.

Guest scottydosnntkno

see them all over around here. I think they're awesome, and if I wasn't in the market for a truck would so get one. 95% of my driving excluding road trips is less than 40 miles, plus we have electric vehicle recharge stations at school already.

oh and PS junkie- development of the volt is going to top $750 million, not $40 million :lol2

see them all over around here. I think they're awesome, and if I wasn't in the market for a truck would so get one. 95% of my driving excluding road trips is less than 40 miles, plus we have electric vehicle recharge stations at school already.

oh and PS junkie- development of the volt is going to top $750 million, not $40 million :spit

Oh great, $750,000,000. They only have to sell 22,879 (based on the starting price) of them just to try and recoupe some of that money...which they would prob have to sell more than that, b/c thats dealer pricing. People that buy them think they are saving the environment...ok. News flash, the main reason (70%-90%)for the greenhouse effect/global warming is WATER VAPOR!!!

10 hours to charge on 120volt, and 4 on 240volt....convenient!

Guest scottydosnntkno

well they're planning on 10,000 for the rest of this year, and 45,000 for next year, and hopefully double that the following year, so it won't take too long

Electric Cars To Increase Energy Demand

By JONATHAN FAHEY, AP Energy Writer Jonathan Fahey, Ap Energy Writer – Mon Nov 22, 10:36 am ET

NEW YORK – The first mass-market electric cars go on sale next month, and the nation's electric utilities couldn't be more thrilled — or worried.

Plugged into a socket, an electric car can draw as much power as a small house. The surge in demand could knock out power to a home, or even a neighborhood. That has utilities in parts of California, Texas and North Carolina scrambling to upgrade transformers and other equipment in neighborhoods where the Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Volt are expected to be in high demand.

Archived