The most color stable film on the market ?

OMG r u guys serious? SG HPC?

I have yet to see a car I tinted in HP Charcoal or HP True Grey that looks bad, maybe a little fading, but nothing noticeable unless you look for it. I haven't touched the stuff in maybe 5 years, so I know it's not a memory thing, haha.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Darknesswithin
over the years the film that has lasted the longest from what i've seen of what i've installed is solar gard HP Charcoal. i haven't installed the ATR long enough to know. haven't installed the greystone long enough to say. i can say for sure it's not suntek carbon.

mmmm,, yet you argued with me about not knowing what I'm talking about in the other thread about Lulu ATR turning purple. :lol2

I'm no longer Bias on any film out there,, serioulsy!! ,, I'm fan of our industry and most of all a fan of the installers around now...

it all fades down here , some purple , some clear ...

:lol2

I've seen all of them do weird things in different areas,, hell I have 2 cars tinted with the same type and brand film,, walking up on them sitting side by side you can't tell which one is the oldest. atleast not with the naked eye..

mmmm,, yet you argued with me about not knowing what I'm talking about in the other thread about Lulu ATR turning purple. :lol2

yep....the years i've used it i've had no issues and i have good friends in the south that swear by the ATR all day long. i believe them. but i'm not gonna post that it's the most color stable when i don't actually know that from personal experience.

over the years the film that has lasted the longest from what i've seen of what i've installed is solar gard HP Charcoal. i haven't installed the ATR long enough to know. haven't installed the greystone long enough to say. i can say for sure it's not suntek carbon.

mmmm,, yet you argued with me about not knowing what I'm talking about in the other thread about Lulu ATR turning purple. :blink:

While I'm not a fan of the actual test applying to auto film, I think the ATR you speak of must be something else. On this test there is absolutely no sign of any purple on the ATR, which is consistent with everything everyone else says

Guest Darknesswithin

hey.. no problems here,,,

I relize now that the years I tinted for a LuLu shop we must have been getting something else from LLumar with ATR charcoal and ATR stealth.. :blink: thats the only thing I can think of.. oh yeah and every car I strip and retint with ATR has got to be something else.. man that sucks..

I wonder if the LuLu shops know that??

oh well not my problem, I'll never use LuLu anyway... but i will post every single failure of LuLu :lol6

and with that test quote there, NOT one is showing purple but we all have had to remove every single film in that test at one time or another.. go figure..

Guest Darknesswithin
It's hard to figure out WTF you are talking about. Not one is showing purple? 1/2 of them are purple... The ATR isn't.

like I said it must not be ATR.. because every single removal I do that is supposedly ATR the stuff is freaking purple as hell

It's hard to figure out WTF you are talking about. Not one is showing purple? 1/2 of them are purple... The ATR isn't.

like I said it must not be ATR.. because every single removal I do that is supposedly ATR the stuff is freaking purple as hell

Im wondering if this is the old construction ATR. When they introduced "LLumaStar" color stable technology in the ATR and ATC line it made a big difference. The ATR Stealth was crap and was also before the new technology. Do they even sell stealth anymore?

Archived