The most color stable film on the market ?

man i think i was like 17 when i tinted that car. i would beat i was just their standard film at that time my boss back then was tight on film if you know what i mean. I am currently using their marathon line. And i switched back to using johnson about 2 months ago after using suntek for about 7 years. I really like the marathon film and i'm glad i switched back.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a Llumar guy here... he's been 'the guy' for years. He did my first car when I was 16, and has done family and friends cars over the years. After 3 years when I got rid of my car, it was fading lighter, and my mother's Neon was also done by him and started going purple/fading/distorted (started looking pretty rough actually) after perhaps 4 years ?

what line of llullu was that? I know the Jet line would purple in no time. I had one car go purple in under a year.....the ATR...no problem, as long as it was the llumastar. :cool

Honestly I don't know. When I had mine done it was just "this is the price, he's the best" (got a bit of a deal because I knew someone he did work for). With my mother's car, I know she paid full pop, the 'average' price for the area (which really isn't low). But it started to go after just a few years. This was before I knew anything about film so I have no clue, all I know is that my car (I watched it being done in the shop of the people he did work for) came out of a Llumar box because I read the label. Based off everything I've seen and learned from here (and some of the vehicles I've seen him do to compare to) I'd assume he was using Jet for 'some' jobs (and in some cases charging the same as the better stuff). I've seen cars he's done around the time the Llumastar came in, and still look great, that's all I know :lol

I know for my own sake, my cheapest line of film now is 'colour stable', and I just sell it with no warranty past an installation guarantee.

i will have to say that my old cutlass was done in johnson film about 1997. It has never spent a day in a garage and last time i looked at it the film had turned alittle purple but still stuck to the windows nicely with no bubbles or fingers. The car is still in my mother's back yard. Next time i am at her house i will check it over and see if i can get a few pics of the windows.

:rasta ,,,, do you recall which film it was? I'm just now starting to use some of the films out of Johnson line up , yeah I know they have changed but still would like to know

I can't say a bad word about Johnsons from the installation side. I hope the longevity is there, but from the install, ordering, customer service, etc, great film.

Guest Darknesswithin
I can't say a bad word about Johnsons from the installation side. I hope the longevity is there, but from the install, ordering, customer service, etc, great film.

so far I really like the way Johnson has treated me and the film seems to be nice to install,, with the warranty programs I don't think I'll have many issues even if something goes bad :thumb

Archived