Longest lasting film without adhesive failure on back window ?

I have seen many of my old Madico TG tint jobs that were between 10-17 years old with still no adhesive failure, purple yes, but no adhesive failure.

I've also seen many of my Madico Charcoal films last for as long as I've been useing it. I've got my farm truck outside with Charcoal on it and it has no adhesive failure nor is it purple. If I checked it may probably have some fadeing but all in all....it still looks good and it just sits in the sun all day long. :poke

BUT>....then I have seen some charcoal jobs not hold up on some rear windows and hit and miss a door glass here and there. Cant explain that except maybe the manny had an off day and I did that one window from a seperat roll as I ran out. Who knows? :lol

I still will stick with Madico cause I've pulled a lot of lumar, mmm, sg, digitint and so on off of a lot of cars. Lots of them only 2-5 years old.

:spit had madico go purple in two years on my cousins car...had no glue failure but still looked purple and looked like shiat...you wont see that from atr and with the economy the way it is, some llumar shops are changing to cheap films like atc......had mmm panther on my moms car that went purple in year and a half...johnson sp series ive seen last for 4 years and then when i went to remove it the glue and tint came off as one..i will say this, that is the one thing i like is when the film comes off as easy as it went on. i haven't seen any other film do this besides the sp....

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might as well ask how long is a piece of string..... what was good 10 years ago and has stood the test of time, is more than likely no longer manufactured to the same recipe.... how many tinters who have been in this industry for more than a minute, can say that they have never noticed a difference in a film that they have used for some time? :money

You might as well ask how long is a piece of string..... what was good 10 years ago and has stood the test of time, is more than likely no longer manufactured to the same recipe.... how many tinters who have been in this industry for more than a minute, can say that they have never noticed a difference in a film that they have used for some time? :coffee

Agreed TeeDub, and I did not expect to get many answers exceding 5-7 years . The "lifetime" of film was more what i was interested in . And it kinda reinforced what I already expected in regards to longevity. The exception was the global QDP, and after seeing how much many people on here rave about it, I think Im gonna try it myself.

You might as well ask how long is a piece of string..... what was good 10 years ago and has stood the test of time, is more than likely no longer manufactured to the same recipe.... how many tinters who have been in this industry for more than a minute, can say that they have never noticed a difference in a film that they have used for some time? :thumb

Agreed TeeDub, and I did not expect to get many answers exceding 5-7 years . The "lifetime" of film was more what i was interested in . And it kinda reinforced what I already expected in regards to longevity. The exception was the global QDP, and after seeing how much many people on here rave about it, I think Im gonna try it myself.

I switched to QD and QDP.... EWF is easy to do business with and you will see the quality

Archived