Film Adhesive Removal Tip

I've tried just about everything to make removing film and the left over adhesive easier. I found that glass cleaner with ammonia works awesome. The string ammonia smell takes a little getting used to but at least it isn't harmful to your health and caustic to the surrounding sills and paint as simple pink and the other ones out there. I used the off brand stuff and it cost like $2.50 per bottle. I used just three bottle on 46 residential panes recently and it worked like butta.

f1c95e3a.jpg

Interesting. I found stuff from a chemical supplier here that works amazing. I've tested it on the plastics in my own car, and on any car I've used it on I put a little bit in an inconspicuous area(yeah, I read the instructions :lol2 ) and so far hasn't done anything bad. Turns the adhesive into slime that can be wiped off with paper towel (I usually blade it off since that's faster).

But at dollar store prices, I'll have to try some regular old glass cleaner with ammonia again for sure :twocents

Sounds like some of these work great on Pressure sensitive , but what about dry adhesives ? Dry adhesive seems like a whole different monster , and I havev not found a safe chemical yet to break it up . :lock

I use a Zep product called no streak 40. I get it from one of my dealers. It softens any remaining adhesive that may be left on the glass, and after letting it marinate for a few seconds, I scrub it with 000 steel wool. All gone!

Archived