I took this job too personal today

Exactly

You have to remember these finance guys, it is all about numbers. They do not give a hoot about the quality as long as it is done for the cheapest price. If the vehicle comes back, that is now a service issue. The finance guys make their income by profit margins.

Another thing you need to consider. With auto dealers, you are now competing against your manufacturer and distributor. Since many independent dealers are going to cheaper brands, they need to keep selling film. Without you buying it, they go elsewhere, the dealerships.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have decided I am not going to match their price, but I am going to try and do more retail advertising down by all of the dealerships. I know their is no loyalty in this business, but damn I figured by now if this dealership had been burned by crappy work twice before, I thought they would have learned. IT sucks because dealerships are selling the new cars we rely on for work, but they have no concept of quality whatsoever. I am hoping I can come up with a really good marketing strategy to pull work away from them , and burn them in the process. Thanks again for the feedback.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have decided I am not going to match their price, but I am going to try and do more retail advertising down by all of the dealerships. I know their is no loyalty in this business, but damn I figured by now if this dealership had been burned by crappy work twice before, I thought they would have learned. IT sucks because dealerships are selling the new cars we rely on for work, but they have no concept of quality whatsoever. I am hoping I can come up with a really good marketing strategy to pull work away from them , and burn them in the process. Thanks again for the feedback.

You have to remember, every new manager/finance guy at the dealer, is going to come in and try and make himself look better by changing everything to the cheapest available, and selling for the most possible, sad thing is those positions are generally pretty decent turnaround so you have to start this all over again whenever new ones come in.

What about really burning them through marketing ? I use a good brand of film, I have 5 years in sales, 10 in installation, and my other 2 tinters have been tinting 20 +. I am wondering if I can get around being a wholesaler to them , and yank cars out from under them. I mean they are tripling the price to the consumer.

What about really burning them through marketing ? I use a good brand of film, I have 5 years in sales, 10 in installation, and my other 2 tinters have been tinting 20 +. I am wondering if I can get around being a wholesaler to them , and yank cars out from under them. I mean they are tripling the price to the consumer.

Well, that's a double edged sword. You could market as "Buying a new car? Come see us first for your tinting and save $$$!" While it might drive more and better retail work to you, it might also burn a bridge that could bring you consistent and steady work.

I am fearful of that the//man. If I knew it would work , I would do it . Just not sure if it would . I am just going to let things run their course, and see what happens. I have know for a long time not to rely on dealerships , but this has just really ate at me. Like I said, we give a great service for a price that would shock some tinters on here, and they think its still not cheap enough. ohh well, what can you do ? You can't fix stupid . LOL. Again thanks so much for the feedback everyone . I knew coming into this post I was not the only one dealing with this .

I am fearful of that the//man. If I knew it would work , I would do it . Just not sure if it would . I am just going to let things run their course, and see what happens. I have know for a long time not to rely on dealerships , but this has just really ate at me. Like I said, we give a great service for a price that would shock some tinters on here, and they think its still not cheap enough. ohh well, what can you do ? You can't fix stupid . LOL. Again thanks so much for the feedback everyone . I knew coming into this post I was not the only one dealing with this .

I would when they come back, because we all know they will, raise the price $5-10, if they ask about it, just tell them it was an across the board price increase while they were away.

Dealing with dealers is just like dating the more they break up with you and the more you take them back the more they will :dunno on you, next time they threaten to drop you just tell them that's fine but everytime you call me back the prices go up 10%.

Exactly

You have to remember these finance guys, it is all about numbers. They do not give a hoot about the quality as long as it is done for the cheapest price. If the vehicle comes back, that is now a service issue. The finance guys make their income by profit margins.

:bingo

Archived