I took this job too personal today

Kind of lost it today on a sales manager . We tint a lot of cars for this dealership , but they drop us once a year. Last year they dropped us for a 5 dollar difference. This year, it was the mobile $99 guy. Towards the end of last year, and as recently as yesterday, we were cleaning up their mess on R/R. So today the manager says to me , this other shop is offering to do the cars for $20 less. Can you match it ? The other shop is 25 mins drive away, and total snakes. Successful shop, but not a friendly , bend over backwards , give 100% custy satisfaction service. So I told him these things and refused to negotiate price. Motherfuckers. Thats what dealerships are. they make money off of your blood sweat and tears. And weather you charge $100 or 500 they are gonna charge triple that, and complain that you charge too much. I think I am going to make up some signs that say , " Why pay dealership prices ? window tint starting at $99. " , and put them up and down the road by the dealerships .

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate to deal with this myself, i do still work for quite a few dealerships around my area. i have gained some over the year lost some here and there. I guess my skin has gotten thick enough that it doesn't bother me anymore. i use to give car dealer's special treatment, but that all stopped about 2 years ago. I got into doing more flat glass and less automotive. however i still tint cars, and always will. Not to get rich but because i love the challenge that auto tinting brings. When i get calls for automotive jobs i try to get to them in a timly manner, but i do not drop what i'm doing to kiss some car salesman behind. You may endup losing a few dealer's this way, but the one's that want their customers to be happy will continue to use you.

Kind of lost it today on a sales manager . We tint a lot of cars for this dealership , but they drop us once a year. Last year they dropped us for a 5 dollar difference. This year, it was the mobile $99 guy. Towards the end of last year, and as recently as yesterday, we were cleaning up their mess on R/R. So today the manager says to me , this other shop is offering to do the cars for $20 less. Can you match it ? The other shop is 25 mins drive away, and total snakes. Successful shop, but not a friendly , bend over backwards , give 100% custy satisfaction service. So I told him these things and refused to negotiate price. Motherfuckers. Thats what dealerships are. they make money off of your blood sweat and tears. And weather you charge $100 or 500 they are gonna charge triple that, and complain that you charge too much. I think I am going to make up some signs that say , " Why pay dealership prices ? window tint starting at $99. " , and put them up and down the road by the dealerships .

So, the Dealer pays the cut rate guys to mess up a car, and then pays you to fix their botched work.

Do they realize just what the total cost is when they have 2 shops to get the job done right ?

They are also creating unhappy Customers when they come to the Dealer all unhappy with their install, and they have to come out to leave the car, and then come back to get the car.

Do they not relize sub par work on any of their cars could hurt their rep ?

Charge the heck outta them to make it right, they may see the lowest price is not worth the headaches later on !

I'm with you, I have a few loyal dealers, never complain, never give me a hard time. There are a few that come and go. I take their work, they get a small discount, but they get very little in terms of helpfulness from me. If they find someone cheaper I don't fight it. I would rather have those slots filled with retail work anyways.

I had a good dealer account once... till they called me in the middle of a busy day for a job, the GM's car. I said I'd be glad to come in as early as they want the next morning and tint it. Never got a call again. F dealers. No loyalty whatsoever.

Never take it personal....

Just run your business, charge what you need to charge...

Never do any special service/discount for them than you would do for anyone else...

Keep making yourself available and if your service is really that good then they will come back...

:eyebrows

Archived