I took this job too personal today

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to learn the hard way with dealership accounts too. What was a business of 100% dealer work is now 60/40 dealership to retail work. I love retail because you can charge almost what the dealership charges and get it! I wish I would have thought about this back when I started up, but I was young and not thinking about it then.

Oh well, live and learn.

Guest Pacific Islander

Excellent topic jayz81.

There were lots of great responses. I think this is one topic each and everyone of us can agree on.

After 20 years in this biz...

1. Dealers will always be dealers...

2. rule of thumb in our biz here...dealers are not allowed to be more than 20% of our sales...we actually tell them "sorry, we're backed up and won't be able to service you till 2 days from now". This will hit a nerve especially when your needed most because they have a customer screaming in their face about how the tinting has ruined their car. hehe.

3. when dealing with the manager...thank him for his time while your listening to him...then walk away. Look at him with the confidence you don't need his volume.

What we have done...

Offer dealer to make their customer choose

a. brand A, with a 1 year warranty 99.00 deal

b. brand B, with a 5 year warranty 149.00 deal

c. brand C offers no discount with a life time warranty 250.00 plus deal

avg. 4dr. sedan

Just a thought...by the way, an effective way to deal with dealers is to kill them with kindness.

What we do now...

1. The price we give is not negotiable! You want our service Mr. Dealer, this is the price for the best. Thank you.

We have currently have excellent relationships with all the dealerships here...it took patience, kindness and creativity.

Archived