stickers

Ones in a while i would see on tinted cars on the parking lots with small sticker on the back window "tinted by so.... and so..."

Is this a good idea? Is any one doing that? are the customers ok with it? and where would i get these stickers made?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different state laws require them... sometime on the window or on the door post. You are not required in Washington so manny's prolly will not have them for you. Oregon is toying with the idea of a sticker out of stupidity. I spoke with the head of DMV at the capital and was amazed at how little they knew about their own law. I can print stickers if you really want some :eyebrows

I usually put them in a hard to see spot on the back window, (i.e, bottom right of the back window). Its nice to see cars in the parking lot with your name on them. People with higher end vehicles don't like it so much. Make sure you get a good sticker material because it will be sitting in the sun for most of its life.

Guest tint14u

Used to do it at a shop i worked for back in the 90's and the custy never gave me a prob with it. We had them made at a print shop on chrome stickers,matter of fact good point havent thought of that one in a while :crazy

Guest Darknesswithin
Ones in a while i would see on tinted cars on the parking lots with small sticker on the back window "tinted by so.... and so..."

Is this a good idea? Is any one doing that? are the customers ok with it? and where would i get these stickers made?

Yes it's a great idea, unless your a illegal tinter :lol2 a buddy of mine has a shop here locally and his employee got a ticket a few weeks ago because of film being way to dark,, during the stop the officer asked if thats where the tint work was done.. needless to say they don't put there decals on dark installs anymore :lol2 also not a good idea if you intsall poor quality films... haha I see those all over the place, dang purple tint with my competitors name all over it "gotta love it"

here's one of mine that I use,, of course I use different colors depending on what the customer wants... I do this in house and if your interested I';; hook you up with as many as you want for a terrific price.... let me know if you want some

ocalatint2.jpg

our downtown store puts them on the center bottom of the BG. i don't. if i put one anywhere...it's in the door jam. i wouldn't want any company putting a logo of theirs on my car, so i'm not gonna do it to anyone. by law we're suppose to put one in the door jam here Kon.

Guest oasisglatint

In Tennessee we're supposed to put it on the driver and passenger doors UNDER the film. Looks like poo in my opinion. I had mine printed to go on the outside! If a custy gives me grief or ?'s it, I tellem to pull it when they get home, hardly ever happens!!

Very cheap advertising :rimshot

:pfff

our downtown store puts them on the center bottom of the BG. i don't. if i put one anywhere...it's in the door jam. i wouldn't want any company putting a logo of theirs on my car, so i'm not gonna do it to anyone. by law we're suppose to put one in the door jam here Kon.

yes, i have seeing yours.. that's where i got the idea... was also trying to find flaws and that was a challenge. :D

(why did you change your avatar... with the new M shield that was rocking cool)

In Tennessee we're supposed to put it on the driver and passenger doors UNDER the film. Looks like poo in my opinion. I had mine printed to go on the outside! If a custy gives me grief or ?'s it, I tellem to pull it when they get home, hardly ever happens!!

Very cheap advertising :lol

:klingon

Where in our law does it state they have to be on both driver and passenger doors ? You need to read up on 55-9-107, it only states the drivers lower right hand corner.

Speaking of that, here`s a question for you guys, TN law requires a 1"x1" sticker in the lower right hand corner of the drivers door glass. I do alot of mail carrier Jeeps for a local dealer here, most of which are right-hand drives. The lower right hand corner on a right-hand drive is the front corner, should I be putting it there or the back corner as per the intention of the law ?

Archived