Easy money .....kinda

This us vs. them attitude just helps fuel other industries such as the signs/window treatments/glazing. A national chain is not likely going to spend the time to seek installers and deal with logistics to get nationwide locations tinted. Deal with different prices in each area, professionals in one area chumps in another. They will just walk away from window film and seek another option.

Its a lose lose situation.

A MFG or Nationwide installer can negotiate a flat rate on all projects, coordinate with their dealers. The dealer purchases the film and performs the install and gets paid the agreed upon rate. Its the same as working for a contractor.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The dealer purchases the film and performs the install and gets paid the agreed upon rate. Its the same as working for a contractor.

Precisely, we are left with all the grief of the installation and have to purchase the film as well? So the manny gets a double payment without lifting a finger.

It isn't as if legitimate dealers aren't bidding on these jobs as well, but the manny can come in and under bid, then have the installer buy the material and install it.

Give me a friggin break dude. You can justify this any way you chose.

We'll go in circles all day as usual...

I've been a dealer, I've been a rep I've seen both sides and I wouldn't stay in my current position if I truly felt my job or employers were to "screw dealers". I don't need a job that badly nor would my conscience allow it. Those who know me on here or in person can attest to that but whatever. If we are all like that I guess I know what you think of me.

So when you product turns to chit in 3 years, are you going to handle the warranty or is it the installer's problem then?

Find me a dealer in my territory I haven't helped with a warranty.

This isn't about "you" Tim, or what I think of you, I haven't said a single word about "you".

You can try to turn this into something personal, but that's your choice.

I'd appreciate it if you replied to what I said instead of changing the subject and trying to make this personal.

So when you product turns to chit in 3 years, are you going to handle the warranty or is it the installer's problem then?

Find me a dealer in my territory I haven't helped with a warranty.

I didn't ask if you have 'helped' anyone with a warranty, I asked what happens to the subcontractor when your film fails.

Is the sub on the hook or is SG?

It was a simple question, no need to get personal.

Wait guys...they ship me the product which is a frost vinyl and the chains vinyl logos. They pay me a flat sqft rate to install. They don't make the film they are just a distributor. If you think I'm wrong for making money off my labor your nuts! Lol. I hear what your saying TD but I think you were thinking of another senerio.

Ric, a store like Verizon (example) is not calling in bids for each location. They call out a bid for every single location, they are not seeking out bids from individual tint shops. Think of how much time it would take to source a dealer for every location, agree on the price and schedule the install. Struggling to know who is professional in the area, who will stand behind their work, who is just an auto shop trying to take on a flat project they shouldn't. All of those risks are going to burn the end user and they will undoubtedly look at alternative options to window film the next time around. They do not have the time for that. They seek out the MFG to handle that and ensure it goes smoothly and they have a good window film experience.

Jesus, working with your supplier is the best way to do business. I will do ANYTHING within my power for my dealers yet I'm the guy "out to screw" them.

I don't know what your personal experience with National Accounts is but I'm all ears. Every dealer I've met has been more than pleased with the results from doing work like this.

So the film fails what happens? The same thing anytime it fails. The dealer has the choice to get PAID to warranty it or have us select another dealer to handle it. Same way its done on every inch of glass being tinted everywhere else.

I work for a MFG, that is my job. You say MFG are out to screw dealers, bid under them on projects. You are telling me I screw people on jobs, no I'm not taking it personal but yes it is directed at me. If you heard negative remarks about this forum, or its members you would be very quick to defend it as you should. Why should I not do the same if I believe in what I do?

Archived