Chevy Truck Rollup Question

finishlineautosports

My way is still the best, thats why im micro-edge :spit

:lol2 All I'm saying is if it works for you go with it. If your custy's are happy with your work then you are doing just fine. There are some of the most experienced tinters in the world on this site, and we all do it alittle different. Doesn't make one person right or wrong.

I was simply trying to state that telling a novice tinter to remove glass might not be the best advice. So TG don't take it so personailly I ment nothing bad towards you I was simply stating facts thats all :lol

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I had one to do today, I rolled the window down 1/4 of the way, cut top edge around the curve and down the back as far as possible, rolled window up and placed tint around trim about where the window ends, finished cutting back edge, then cut the bottom and no problems this time and everything fit the way it should. Thanks for the tips guys! no more problems with these coming short on the back side:)

Some good tips on this thread and since IL now allows tint on front windows I get alot of GM trucks and have done them one certain way but these are nice tips also. BTW pulling the door panels on any GM truck from like 2000 to 07 are relatively easy if that makes matters easier down below. I always do it just to easy and less fighting tucking the lower half.

Guest krick64

I cut top edge first starting at mirror and cut to back curve until close to side seal. Then cut back side from top of curve to as far down as I can. Roll wi.dow up and mark rest of back edgge with white hard card cut the bottom and mark front side. Take to glass table and finish cutting front and back of film then stick it. Takes a lil longer I think but my top edge is tight an back is tight.

Archived