Help with Llumar CTX film !!

Guest mfrns0123

Guest mfrns0123

Hello all, I just had my windows done on my 2010 Camaro with Llumar CTX 40 , and its looks bluish or purple from the outside of the car, sitting in the car looks charcoal. The installers told me the blue would go away with drying over the next week, is this true? Is there any way the film was installed backwards? From what I read about the film is it should be dark on the outside and almost like a polarized on the inside. I could not talk to the owner of the company who installed it due to the fact it was late in the day and only 1 worker was left at the shop. I am kind of freaked out they screwed up my car, what should I do? Can it be removed if it was installed backwards? Thanks for any help..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 515tinter
Hello all, I just had my windows done on my 2010 Camaro with Llumar CTX 40 , and its looks bluish or purple from the outside of the car, sitting in the car looks charcoal. The installers told me the blue would go away with drying over the next week, is this true? Is there any way the film was installed backwards? From what I read about the film is it should be dark on the outside and almost like a polarized on the inside. I could not talk to the owner of the company who installed it due to the fact it was late in the day and only 1 worker was left at the shop. I am kind of freaked out they screwed up my car, what should I do? Can it be removed if it was installed backwards? Thanks for any help..

lol

Guest mfrns0123

lol

well is it possible?

polarized with your sunglasses, every film out there has a different hue to them, now as far them telling you the color would go away after being dry is not true, things to expect when fresh is bubbly appearance, streaks/streaky, hazy or foggy. what color or percentage was installed? are you viewing with your sunglasses or not?

unfortunately they did the job correctly. the CTX line does appear reflective in the 40 and 50 shades. it will get a lil less reflective due to the haziness disappearing but it will always be slightly reflective. it can be removed without any damage. you might be better off going with llumar atc 50 or 35 but you wont get near as good heat blockage

Guest mfrns0123
polarized with your sunglasses, every film out there has a different hue to them, now as far them telling you the color would go away after being dry is not true, things to expect when fresh is bubbly appearance, streaks/streaky, hazy or foggy. what color or percentage was installed? are you viewing with your sunglasses or not?

I just picked up the car, standing outside from a distance, the tint looks bluish. The tint is 40% CTX. But when I look from sitting inside the car out, there is no bluish tint to it, its charcoal. That is why I asked could they or is it possible that it was installed backwards and has anyone ever seen a blue purple color to this film?

Guest mfrns0123
unfortunately they did the job correctly. the CTX line does appear reflective in the 40 and 50 shades. it will get a lil less reflective due to the haziness disappearing but it will always be slightly reflective. it can be removed without any damage. you might be better off going with llumar atc 50 or 35 but you wont get near as good heat blockage

But should it have a blue purple hue to it? I didnt want any blue on the car thats for sure, I never would have ordered this stuff had They told me that.

I just picked up the car, standing outside from a distance, the tint looks bluish. The tint is 40% CTX. But when I look from sitting inside the car out, there is no bluish tint to it, its charcoal. That is why I asked could they or is it possible that it was installed backwards and has anyone ever seen a blue purple color to this film?

i have reflective blueish tint before, maybe its just the nature of the film but however, there is no such thing that a film can be installed backwards, sometimes the factory clear glass can inhance its color or appearance once a film is installed, sometimes people blame flm but in reality sometimes its the color of the glass. are you wear sunglasses?

Archived