Anything for a sale right?

Well this a first for me. Get a call from a railroad guy asking if I could come out to give an estimate on a rail machine the other day. I agreed and he told me to drive to a rail crossing at a certain intersection in a rural area about 45 minutes away. So I get there I look both ways down the tracks and don't see anything, so I call him. He's like you need to walk about 1/4 mile east down the track and you will see us. So I did and after what seemed a 1/2 mile of walking on big clunky gravel, I cone upon this big orange rail Tamping machine. They needed 7 fairly sized windows done. The guy said money is no issue, so I quoted him accordingly...lol 70 sqft at 10 bones per. He agreed to the price and I was on my way. The guy said oh by the way, the number 15 will be haulin ass through here shortly so stay off the tracks. So about halfway back the number 15 hauled ass past me...lol

140d61d4.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m216/rncan26/61df1068.mp4

Well this a first for me. Get a call from a railroad guy asking if I could come out to give an estimate on a rail machine the other day. I agreed and he told me to drive to a rail crossing at a certain intersection in a rural area about 45 minutes away. So I get there I look both ways down the tracks and don't see anything, so I call him. He's like you need to walk about 1/4 mile east down the track and you will see us. So I did and after what seemed a 1/2 mile of walking on big clunky gravel, I cone upon this big orange rail Tamping machine. They needed 7 fairly sized windows done. The guy said money is no issue, so I quoted him accordingly...lol 70 sqft at 10 bones per. He agreed to the price and I was on my way. The guy said oh by the way, the number 15 will be haulin ass through here shortly so stay off the tracks. So about halfway back the number 15 hauled ass past me...lol

140d61d4.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m216/rncan26/61df1068.mp4

You could got double that with RR!

i have tinted one of these things before. But they guy had at at his shop somewhere around fulton KY. Crasy looking thing will straighten and level railroad track. Good price on that though. I did a tamper and a sweeper for this guy in KY and charged him 5 bills for the both of them. Way to go man. :thumb

Should be easy aren't they rubber gasketed windows. You can charge out the azz for heavy equipment. I love to do tractors combine's you name it :beer

Sorry I forgot how to post videos correctly on here. It's a video of the number 15 hauling azz..lol. Well when the guy said money was no object, I had to test him..lol. Hopefully he will have the machine parked somewhere convenient.

for what you charged i would tint that thing with it moving down the rail's at 60 MPH :beer:lol

Archived