2011 BMW 535i

Guest tintpro2007

Guest tintpro2007

Hey guys, just did one of these today, just wondering if any of you guys have figured out how to get the front gaskets out? The back roll down's aren't bad to tuck, the fronts suck though imo. Also does anyone know how to get the third brakelight out? I pulled the hedliner cover off to get to the light, like the 3 series, etc. Those are all just pull the hedliner cover off, then two pin-like things slide out to the side and it comes out, but this one wasn't like that... Thanks in advance for any help! Oh and btw the end product came out great, just took 2 trys for the front driver door. I was going to get a pic of it, but I was kind of in a rush and forgot too lol woops.

Guest drew675

i do about 2 of these a week and haven't figured out how to pull the gaskets i just dont want to risk damaging the door panel, what i do is make my pattern drop pretty low under the gasket but REALLY round my cuts in the corners on the bottom so they are less likely to catch when feeding them under the gasket. Other than that use lots of slip! On the 3rd brake light they dont have nubs for your thumb, just use your bone gasket jammer or olfa without blade and kinda press on an angle away from the light and they pop sideways just like the 3 series. Its the same design just no where to hook your thumb on.

Guest tintpro2007
i do about 2 of these a week and haven't figured out how to pull the gaskets i just dont want to risk damaging the door panel, what i do is make my pattern drop pretty low under the gasket but REALLY round my cuts in the corners on the bottom so they are less likely to catch when feeding them under the gasket. Other than that use lots of slip! On the 3rd brake light they dont have nubs for your thumb, just use your bone gasket jammer or olfa without blade and kinda press on an angle away from the light and they pop sideways just like the 3 series. Its the same design just no where to hook your thumb on.

Thanks man!!! Especially thanks for the brakelight tip, :beach I hated that I had to cut the brakelight out on such a nice car, but you gotta do, what you gotta do lol

Uhg, Im doing one right now. Didnt want to try and learn how to take the panel of so Im tucking. Im using Wincos and I am having trouble tucking by the mirror. I pushed the gasket down on the pass side (which I am redoing) so hopefully I can get it back up. The 2010 body style is way easier.

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

I did one of these last Thursday. I usually take panels off of most cars....but this one I just couldn't figure out. I think I pulled the gaskets from the front doors and I did the "half peel" on the rear doors. It really wasn't that bad. I couldn;t figure the brake light out either so I took some tape and pulled it back so I could slip the film underneath. Next one I do will take a lot less time now that I know what I need to do

I just suck it up and tape these bottom gaskets back, double up on the 1 inch masking tape and tuck it in with my hard card. I try and take panels off too if they're simple but these seem like too much work. A lot of these BMW's have such fuzzy gaskets it's best just to bite the bullet and tape it up. That way you can take your time on the tuck without worrying about fuzz getting sucked into the bottom. The pics look good.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I was having this issue and figured it out. Same exact concept as the older models except that the clip that has to be pushed outward doesnt look so obvious as the previous ones.

IMAG0722.jpg

And dont forget to stuff the truck. After I was done, this towel was soaked!

IMAG0723.jpg

Archived