Film Designs software

Carmeltinting.com

So here is the deal...

Computercut is what we have used since 2007. I have my own designs saved to their server. I LOVE the program. State of the art IMO but I was just informed by Mike Choe(Bekeart rep - who is a nice guy but clueless about window film) that as a result of a management decision they are raising my access fees to double what I have been paying all because I don't but their crappy film that doesn't stick to the dots! Needless to say I am VERY angry with these idiots!

So the question that I need answered is - How accurate and good is Film Designs software? I need to leave CC as I refuse to have a gun put to my head by this Moronic company. Those of you who use Film Designs - can you use it to design and cut graphics too? And just as important... How good are their PPF patterns??

I am so mad at Bekeart I want to strangle someone.

Thanks in advance for your input

Dan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Film Designs is a better software. The patterns are pretty good. Not perfect but most are right on. I have only come across 1 or 2 that were so off that I couldn't even use them. Their doors are usually cut right to fit, which I, like most tinters prefer it a little long on the sides. This is easily remedied as they have a nice little tool to let you stretch the film up,down, side to side. And they offer a short cut or long cut version. Basically the "long" cut is the same pattern just with the bottom lengthened 1/4" for those panel pullers who like to tuck low. I haven't used the software for graphics or PPF as these cost extra. We just have the tint patterns. I used CC and liked the software but not the cuts. I had a lot of patterns that were way off. If you like CC you will love Film Designs. The tech support is great too. The guy that designed the software is always just a click of the button away and he can do remote access into your system in case you have any problems or whatever. I have done the same thing as you and saved a lot of the patterns I have changed a little bit. And by changing I mean extending the front of a door just a hair. I had to stretch the sides on the 2011 Jetta ever so slightly to make sure the dots were covered completely. Things like that. All in all, it is super solid. And I have used CC, 3M's software, Digitint, and one other one, can't remember. This one gets my vote. Wouldn't change

I have been using it for two years or so and just turned on the PPF patterns and they fit nicely on what I have used so far. It will do just about anything you want it to. If you want to check it out you can come out to Avon on saturday and you can play around with it. Or call Bret and he will let you test it for a month no charge.

i just recently purchase the filmdesign software... so far i don't like it at all..all the patterns i've cut so far are too small...they fit but not to our standards... we've been doing manual cut for bout 18 years so us switching to computer cut i'm expecting more... most patterns are short on the side... u can see the rubber on the sides or some are not top edge cut.. the only plus is they have good customer service.. u can call them anytime... we specialize in luxury cars so their pattern is not at our expectations.. i wouldn't not recommend filmdesigns

I have been using it for two years or so and just turned on the PPF patterns and they fit nicely on what I have used so far. It will do just about anything you want it to. If you want to check it out you can come out to Avon on saturday and you can play around with it. Or call Bret and he will let you test it for a month no charge.

How good are the tint patterns? We do a lot of dealer cars and need consistency. Some here have said that the patterns are short on the sides. Is that what you have found?

Film Designs is a better software. The patterns are pretty good. Not perfect but most are right on. I have only come across 1 or 2 that were so off that I couldn't even use them. Their doors are usually cut right to fit, which I, like most tinters prefer it a little long on the sides. This is easily remedied as they have a nice little tool to let you stretch the film up,down, side to side. And they offer a short cut or long cut version. Basically the "long" cut is the same pattern just with the bottom lengthened 1/4" for those panel pullers who like to tuck low. I haven't used the software for graphics or PPF as these cost extra. We just have the tint patterns. I used CC and liked the software but not the cuts. I had a lot of patterns that were way off. If you like CC you will love Film Designs. The tech support is great too. The guy that designed the software is always just a click of the button away and he can do remote access into your system in case you have any problems or whatever. I have done the same thing as you and saved a lot of the patterns I have changed a little bit. And by changing I mean extending the front of a door just a hair. I had to stretch the sides on the 2011 Jetta ever so slightly to make sure the dots were covered completely. Things like that. All in all, it is super solid. And I have used CC, 3M's software, Digitint, and one other one, can't remember. This one gets my vote. Wouldn't change

Do you mean that their patterns show light coming in from the sides? Like some Hyundai models and Toyotas whose doorglass windows rock back and forth in the frame? I hate a light gap on the sides but a small gap at the top doesn't bother me.

How good are the tint patterns? We do a lot of dealer cars and need consistency. Some here have said that the patterns are short on the sides. Is that what you have found?

I think they are pretty good, I have some that I've adjusted and saved. (chargers, prius, Camry made them all a little wider) If you want to check it out come by this weekend and I'll show you what I know about it. I tried precision cut and liked their patterns but the software I didn't like as well.

Do you mean that their patterns show light coming in from the sides? Like some Hyundai models and Toyotas whose doorglass windows rock back and forth in the frame? I hate a light gap on the sides but a small gap at the top doesn't bother me.

Some have been short on the sides, the tops fit decent on most and really good on some models.

i just recently purchase the filmdesign software... so far i don't like it at all..all the patterns i've cut so far are too small...they fit but not to our standards... we've been doing manual cut for bout 18 years so us switching to computer cut i'm expecting more... most patterns are short on the side... u can see the rubber on the sides or some are not top edge cut.. the only plus is they have good customer service.. u can call them anytime... we specialize in luxury cars so their pattern is not at our expectations.. i wouldn't not recommend filmdesigns

If I specialized in luxury cars, whatever that means, I wouldn't use any computer cut software. It would be all hand cut. I think you'll find with any computer cut system you won't be happy with how the patterns line up. I don't think I have ever seen a pattern that was perfect, or in my mind good enough for me to throw on a $500,000 car. But comparing apples to apples...This software is just as good as any out there, better in my experience. I do alot of dealer work, so doing 200 of the same car every month, it works well for me. I adjusted the patterns to the way I like and they don't have to be perfect. Just no light, nice top micro edge and clean...done

Archived