Top quality 48 inch or larger printer

Ready to invest in a printer for banners and such, that does full color, pictures, whatever. I want to find the best, prices seem from 15,000 and up, which is fine. Any of ya'll have one and what do you recommend?

Thanks- Danny

I'd go with Roland VS series if I had enough work for it.

A friend of mine has it, and prints stuff for me when I need it. I love how the prints look.

I'd take a laminator too, to protect those prints for wraps.

I'd take a laminator too, to protect those prints for wraps.

+1

Definitely will need a laminator for any prints you would want to hold up outdoors. So add another 5-10K depending on the size of the laminator

Guest cooltouch

Latex HP L25500

bigger ML tanks - 775's

cheaper on ink and last longer

instantly dry

been using it for 2 months now. It takes a bit of getting used to but I will never go back to a solvent printer.

Latex HP L25500

bigger ML tanks - 775's

cheaper on ink and last longer

instantly dry

been using it for 2 months now. It takes a bit of getting used to but I will never go back to a solvent printer.

The Roland versa camm is also a cutter! The Mimaki printer is like the Latex printer and for just printing there the shiznay!

Roland is top notch no doubt. In regards to a laminator , it depends on the print. Rolands Eco sol ink is rated for 3 years outdoors with no lamination. Laminating is expensive, and as long as you are up front with your customer, many want short term signage , minus lamination, even on some big prints . We are running a Sp-300 and a SP-540, and they are truly work horses . Im eyeing the new 64 coming out next month .

looked into buying a printer once too . But it is very time consuming designing printing laminating maintaining the machine . You can can wholesale avery laminated for $4 a sq ft . Alot of people are stuck with $5-800 leases with no work to pay for it . And you know how cheap people are now a days to fork out $2500 . :thumb

Just be sure you have enough work to run it every day. These printers like to run constantly and you will have a lot of headaches with clogged heads if you don't use it enough. I have a 36" and a 62" Mutoh myself.

Archived