Go Doctor

Anybody used one yet? looking opinions if anyone likes it better than the blue max :thumbGoDoctor

I did an install with one as part of our testing process at Zola to add new tools. I liked the way that it felt in my hand and I was able to get good pressure on the film for solution removal. The other nice feature was the quick change blade for different types of films. Really useful if you routinely switch between standard solar control and 4 mil safety/AG film. I still use a fusion as my main handled squeegee, but I thought the Go Doctor was pretty nice for the money. :popcorn

Looks cheap... I like my original

If it aint broke. dont fix it

After you try the go doctor you will see the others are obsolete. I got a compleat set of the tools from PTN as part of making the videos for them and the first time I used the blue go doctor I was finished with my blue max. Lightweight I beam construction makes it a pretty tough squeegee.

Ed you need to try one before making up your mind.

cheers

Guest macs_customs

I am glad someone started a topic on this. I didnt want to start one but I wanted to know what most people think. I just bought new tools last month, or at least new to me, and want to try the new stuff while I am relatively slow. I got the stroke doctor, that Ive been wanting to try for almost a year, but the price scared me off. BIG upgrade. I will be buying 2 more of those later this month for my other 2 installers when business picks up. I got 2 fusions last year when they came out. I like the fusion better, than the 100 year old ungers. Maybe I have bigger hands than most, but it was nice being able to get more than 2 fingers and a thumb on it compared to ungers. I dont like the round thing that impedes my thumb though, which is why I might try the go doc. I think Im going to man up and get one of these, but I dont know what colr to get. Anyone know if there is any difference in the 3 go doctors themselves, not including the blades. The black one looks like it might be a different type of plastic based on the shinyness, but the small pics make it hard to tell. Thanks guys, I will let you know what I think when I get it.

I dont know what colr to get. Anyone know if there is any difference in the 3 go doctors themselves, not including the blades. The black one looks like it might be a different type of plastic based on the shinyness, but the small pics make it hard to tell. Thanks guys, I will let you know what I think when I get it.

The handles are exactly the same with regard to construction and stiffness. I believe the color difference is merely for aesthetics. The main difference is in the blades. If you were only going to purchse 1 blade, I would go with the yellow as it would be the most versatile over numerous application situations. The red is softer than the yellow and would be best suited for dyed window film, paint protection film and vinyl graphics. The blue is harder than the yellow and would be better for thicker window films.

Hope that helps.

Guest thatsnappyguy

i find that its hard to to put as much pressure on it since theres no comfortable place for you thumb like on the blue max handle.

Guest Crackz

i have one i use it on tight reaar decks its a bit longer than the unger handle for blue max and it has rubber handle wont chip tint if it slips

Archived