Extra Insulation

Guest Retnitorp
One thing you should consider is the High Humidity and chemicals that the film you select will be exposed to, life time warranty..... :beer

Neutral cure silicone those edges! Use it as an up sell :beer

Thats true due to the install situation and good advice as well, but Larry do you think there will be any potential issue's with using films like "Enerlogic", or any other Low E films available like the Solar Gard Silver 50 Low-E and Silver 25 Low-E in this type of situation.........?

Also this customer has asked very interesting questions after I told her that the films reject 99% UV....

She asked... UV-A or UV-B....

Never I have heard that within 15 years of my experience... have you??? does this only apply to tanning beds?? may be??

Great question! This is a perfect example of the advantages of taking the time to fully understand the benefits of window film. Many of us found our way into this industry from tinting our personal cars, making them look better etc... Now look at this business we can be consultant on energy usage, skin care, fade protection, blast protection, insulation.. the options are endless!

Here is a marketing tool we have created to support our participation in the Skin Cancer Foundation "Road To Healthy Skin Tour" its a UV Test Card.

deae90fe.jpg

Once in the sun they are UV activated dots, obviously the one on the left is protected by window film. A great way of getting a visual to the end user.

da40a1e3.jpg

Oh and to answer your question a quality film will block 99% of UV-A and UV-B, UV-C is washed out through the ozone layer.

One thing you should consider is the High Humidity and chemicals that the film you select will be exposed to, life time warranty..... :beer

Thats true due to the install situation and good advice as well, but Larry do you think there will be any potential issue's with using films like "Enerlogic", or any other Low E films available like the Solar Gard Silver 50 Low-E and Silver 25 Low-E in this type of situation.........?

The SolarGard Low-E comes with a 7 year residential warranty just to clear things up. That being said I would not walk away from this install. I would let the end user know of the different type of environment we were dealing with. I visited an IN-N-OUT last year that had Hilite 70 issues on one window above the sink they use to wash dishes, they have a water hose with boiling hot water and steam flying out of it hitting the bottom edge of the window daily. We replaced the film and used a neutral cure silicone and nine months later we have no issues. I've got faith in it, yes I would be very up front about the fact we are dealing with a less than normal installation. :beer

Also this customer has asked very interesting questions after I told her that the films reject 99% UV....

Never I have heard that within 15 years of my experience... have you??? does this only apply to tanning beds?? may be??

Great question! This is a perfect example of the advantages of taking the time to fully understand the benefits of window film. Many of us found our way into this industry from tinting our personal cars, making them look better etc... Now look at this business we can be consultant on energy usage, skin care, fade protection, blast protection, insulation.. the options are endless!

Here is a marketing tool we have created to support our participation in the Skin Cancer Foundation "Road To Healthy Skin Tour" its a UV Test Card.

deae90fe.jpg

Once in the sun they are UV activated dots, obviously the one on the left is protected by window film. A great way of getting a visual to the end user.

da40a1e3.jpg

Oh and to answer your question a quality film will block 99% of UV-A and UV-B, UV-C is washed out through the ozone layer.

The SolarGard Low-E comes with a 7 year residential warranty just to clear things up. That being said I would not walk away from this install. I would let the end user know of the different type of environment we were dealing with. I visited an IN-N-OUT last year that had Hilite 70 issues on one window above the sink they use to wash dishes, they have a water hose with boiling hot water and steam flying out of it hitting the bottom edge of the window daily. We replaced the film and used a neutral cure silicone and nine months later we have no issues. I've got faith in it, yes I would be very up front about the fact we are dealing with a less than normal installation. :beer

I have seen those SolarGard UV demos. I really like them! We use something that is much less professional but shows the same effect (film and red paper!). How well do the SolarGard UV demos work?

Tim

deae90fe.jpg

da40a1e3.jpg

One thing you should consider is the High Humidity and chemicals that the film you select will be exposed to, life time warranty..... :twocents

I have seen those SolarGard UV demos. I really like them! We use something that is much less professional but shows the same effect (film and red paper!). How well do the SolarGard UV demos work?

Tim

I've seen great success with them, it really depends on the attitude of the sales person though. I can visit two shops in the same market and one will tell me there is no market for high end films, no market for skin protection, UV care etc... then go mile down the road and there is success from marketing this way.

My girlfriend is an anti aging maniac, $100's a month in creams, peels God knows what. I took this test card out to her Lexus and when she saw UV was not being filtered completely by her glass she was all over me to get it tinted in our lightest VLT film ASAP.

The way I see it, window film is usually sought out once you have a problem. Be it glare, a code to meet, heat gain etc... why not find a way to seek out more business and let them know about a problem they don't even know they have. Its all about perspective, I'm a visual person and love this test card for that reason. It sells itself.

Archived