04 grand prix

Guest nils

hi guys - we need your help, we recently tinted the only 04 grand prix sold into the uk (bought by an american airman based here) everything went fine. However we removed the door cards to do a real pucka job, everything came off so easily but the clips holding the small panel around each door handle just crumbled up and no way would they go back. spent two hours chasing every local posible supplier and no one has seen a clip like it. it grips in the inside and outside. the customer was ok but we still need to sort him some clips.

the customer phoned me today and has been told that you cannot by the clips without buying the panel each cost USD 7. 50 (x4) . it sounds to me like someone is lifting his leg. any comments apreciated.

Nils the Tint - Ipswich - United Kingdom - email nilshansen@btconnect.com

PS we need 16 clips

sorry about what happened..I can't help you , I've done a few of the 04's , I removed the gaskets & trim without removing the panels, so I don't know much about them :rollin

the clips holding the small panel around each door handle just crumbled up and no way would they go back. spent two hours chasing every local posible supplier and no one has seen a clip like it

#1 reason for not removing door panels

Im real sorry try looking here this company supplies body shops with every clip under the sun

its gonna take some time they have 1000's

http://www.lawsonproducts.com/website/main.nsf?Open

Is this it maybe?

http://webapp1.lawsonproducts.com/website/...m?itemNum=52598

Guest terry/sc

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! A WHITE screen! Gawd, I must be getting old - can't see much on this site......and I've been tinting for 7 yrs.

Just tinted my first 04 Grand Prix. We took off gaskets from doors, just loosening the panels.

The BIG problem for me was the back glass. Is there a way to take speaker covers off? We couldn't figure it out. Without removing them, I couldn't get behind the covers to get the film down......just not enough room. I have a long-handled gold paddle......but it wouldn't make the curve.

How did y'all do the back window? I finally did it in two pieces.....but customer wants me to redo in one piece.

Btw, I'm a 5.4" woman with small hands.......and I couldn't get my hand over the covers enough to hard paddle with a Llumar *slammer* long-handle.

thanks - terry

Archived