2006 Jetta

Guest ridiculous

Guest ridiculous

ok i got er done, now i'll post what i learned for the archives!

the backglass is super easy. this jetta had a high mount third brake light. to remove it just pop off the trim piece covering it, unhook the wire from it, and it slides down off of the mounting tabs. also pull the headrests! no need to remove the rear deck.

the quarters i chose to trim the gaskets. after doing so it made it easier of course but its still a tight fit.

the rear roll downs roll outta the frame and are weird shaped, but i took my time making a plan before i cut and all came out well.

the front roll downs are cake, not much else to say on them

door panels. i like pulling gaskets if possible so to do that on these. there's a bolt behind the door handle (the trim just pops off) its a Torx 30. remove it to get more room, but after that you can just pop the top of the panel back and pull the gasket out. the front panels also have a little torx screw in the front of the panel.

and that's about it. over all an easy car!

Guest shadeking

I hate all VW products, they put huge dot patterns on all windows and the door panels curve way down (new models) just making life a pain in the arse. Don't get me started on the Beetle.

If you ever hated working on a particular car then your probably wouldn't buy one, I found my car.

Guest s13envy
the rear roll downs roll outta the frame and are weird shaped, but i took my time making a plan before i cut and all came out well.

if they are the ones im thinking of, they gave me quite the headache on cuttting them the rigth way.

if they are the ones im thinking of, they gave me quite the headache on cuttting them the rigth way.

Sharpie the edges, cut the top, connect the dots

Archived