2006 Jetta

Guest ridiculous

Guest ridiculous

got one comin up. anything i need to know? i prefer to pull panels if possible.

its my first VW so i don't even know what to expect...

Recently did an 2001, not sure if thats in the same generation. It appeared to be tight at the bottom of the bg, but the film slid in there just fine. As for the rollups, I just taped off the top of the panels. Also, I had to trim the gaskets all the way around the 1/4's.

Also, I had to trim the gaskets all the way around the 1/4's.

Be careful if you trim the 1/4's. They seem to scratch easier than other brands. :dunno

Also, as slick was mentioning, I think it's easier to pull the rear deck IMO.

Quick search on Google Images. They're the cake ones IMO. Think the front gaskets pull easy, rears I've both tucked with red devil and, with my neighbour's, left it slightly above gasket since the inner is lower than exterior by a lot (hate if you want, did it to see if they're fine). Did that with her's just to see, she rolls them down all the time and no issues after almost two years. Rear is easy easy, no deck pulling.

Guest ridiculous

well i'll just have to see when it comes in. i was hoping to bulldoze the brake light but if i need to pull the deck, can ya'll explain how??

and as far as the panels go, i reckon it can't be any harder than anything else. seems on all the other years you can pop the top of it back and pull the gasket? think this is the same?

well i'll just have to see when it comes in. i was hoping to bulldoze the brake light but if i need to pull the deck, can ya'll explain how??

and as far as the panels go, i reckon it can't be any harder than anything else. seems on all the other years you can pop the top of it back and pull the gasket? think this is the same?

I am not exactly sure if its the same model or not but just in case if you do pull panels, the window switch

is on a VERY short leash. I found out the hard way and spent more time trying to figure out how the dang

switch went back together than actually tintin' the car. Live and learn. Good luck!

Should be 3 car seat bolts on the deck. Take those out & pop it out.

Should be 3 car seat bolts on the deck. Take those out & pop it out.

dont forget to disconnect the wires to the light before popping it out. :cool

Guest ridiculous

doin it tomorrow. so should i pull the deck, or bulldoze, i wonder?

and yz101, car seat bolts??? is that a typo? never heard of a car seat bolt...

Archived