Skylights Galore

Did these three 4'x4 skylights and three fixed pane windows. The skylights were pretty easy given the size. Best advice is to cut about 1/4" wider than the skylight glass, lean back facing away from the ladder (I used an LG platform) and reverse roll from the higher part of the skylight down, tuck edges no need to trim.

598cfe61.jpg

354ac993.jpg

3b5dff17.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice Jim. Skylights are a great way to show custy's just how much they can save by having film installed. I once tinted a sunroom with 4 huge skylight's in it. By the time we finished that day around 3 oclock the custy told me that it was 10 degrees cooler in there then it would normally be at that time of day. :hmmm

It boggles my mind that everyone with skylights don't have them tinted. The heat they let in is just insane.

One of my many plans is to run a campaign solely towards skylights.

Just haven't done it yet......

Nice job Jim!

You're insane. I hate skylights because the risk of falling off the ladder goes up because of the wY you have to contort your body to tint...I don't charge less than $100 per skylight ever, no matter how small.

Guest Retnitorp

Cuttingedge what was the type of glass and what film did you use ?

You may want to consider offering skylight covers that are installed on the outside for situations where film is not an option, i have sold a lot of them over the years.

You may want to consider offering skylight covers that are installed on the outside for situations where film is not an option, i have sold a lot of them over the years.

Now that there are a good selection of OSW films available do you still sell a lot of covers?

Guest Retnitorp

Now that there are a good selection of OSW films available do you still sell a lot of covers?

I know what films are available now as well as films that will be available soon.

Yes i do, the type of business we are in you will come across skylights that film can not be used, so why not have the ability to offer a alternative ....?

Here is a pic of a skylight cover i did being installed, this one keeps out 80% of the VLT.

skylitecover.jpg

Guest Retnitorp

Limo Tint Larry, if you are interested on how much i made on that skylight cover pic i posted, you can PM me and i will tell you, i think you would be surprised.

Archived