94 T-Bird

finishlineautosports

The trick as mentioned is have someone onthe other side with a heatgun, however I'll add this tip to that: tint the window as you normally would but when it comes to the bottom corners where is doesn't want to lay down about 6" along the side and bottom, reverse squeegee downward and into the bottom of the window slowly with a heatgun following behing your squeegee with your helper. :thumb it'll lay down much easier as I used to do these for the Ford dealer when I was a younger man :DD

pull the rear deck, after you get it down shove a bunch of paper towels in the bottom corners and set it outside to cure for at least an hour before you put it together and let it leave your shop. the last thing you want is for the film to curl back after youve done all the hard work

There's another thread on this car, anyways... even if it dries outside and looks good it can still come back peeling from the bottom :money You can try this tip I posted on the other thread, or not. Here's the trick for the bottom. Wet the film and squeegee it like your installing it, really nail it down. Heat the bottom HOT, almost bubbling the film, now your actually putting fingers INTO the film. Let it cool before pulling it off the glass. Check it on a glass board if you wanna see the fingers, its kinda cool. Anyways, this relieves the stress on the corners and they lay down easy. If you don't do this I've had them leave the shop looking great and come back the next day with the film peeling back. Hope this helps. No need to pull the deck either.

Archived