MN laws SUV, mini van, truck vs car....

RaskyR1

So after 3+ years of driving around with 30% on all 5 windows of my TSX (tan interior) I finally got pulled over and was given a warning. No prob, I understood as my tint was over the limit (though I didn't feel it was that dark). My problems is when he said it had to be removed from ALL windows, when I thought it was just the two front side windows that couldn't be more than 50%???

So can anyone give me a logical reason as to why a trucks, SUV's, mini vans, and wagon have darker tint on the back glass from the factory than a sedan or coupe, yet still legal? For the life of me I cannot figure it out, the cop couldn't give me a reason, and I can't figure out for the life of my why this law is still written the way it is???

I did do some searches but came up with nothing, so please don't flame me. :lol

Thanks,

Rasky

MN tint laws are old and really need to be changed. This law was enacted 25 years ago. How many vehicles came with factory tint on the back ends? NONE! I know because I was tinting before then. We now have SUV's, trucks, vans and cross-overs that come this way from the factory. Well then, why cant sedans have their back windows just as dark? It all boils down to law enforcement and law makers are in cahoots! We tried several years ago to have this changed and were told in so many words to "Back Off" or else we could end up like the state of PA. Check out their laws if you think MN is tuff!

I would simply strip the two front windows and it is possible you won't be bothered.

Good Luck!

MN tint laws are old and really need to be changed. This law was enacted 25 years ago. How many vehicles came with factory tint on the back ends? NONE! I know because I was tinting before then. We now have SUV's, trucks, vans and cross-overs that come this way from the factory. Well then, why cant sedans have their back windows just as dark? It all boils down to law enforcement and law makers are in cahoots! We tried several years ago to have this changed and were told in so many words to "Back Off" or else we could end up like the state of PA. Check out their laws if you think MN is tuff!

I would simply strip the two front windows and it is possible you won't be bothered.

Good Luck!

For now I took it off all side windows and left it on the rear. I'm going to get 50% put back on the sides eventually.

I still plan to write a letter as cars should be subject to the same tint laws as SUV's, trucks, mini vans, and wagons....there is no logical reason to have the exemption the way it currently is. If the law is that old then it really needs to be revisited.

Thanks,

Rasky

Archived