Problem I have never seen before!!

Guest S and S

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

what about the guy who was talking about the glass cleaner that the wholesale car detailers were using and he had a rough time tinting those car because the windows were all messed up and took along time for him to clean them and tint them, any one remember that thread?

what type of interior does this car have, fabric or leather?

why not try one side window and see what happens, ot could be right about the flooding and the detailers could of used a fogging machine to get rid of the oders. if there was overspray on the inside of the windows you should be able to feel it with your hand.

s and s my guess is that the car was just detailed. since he just bought it. and the guy who detailed it used a degreaser to clean the fabric. and when he sprayed it got it every where. when it dries it will look like baby powder and when wet will smear. the best thing to do is . use a stripper and clean the glass with that first. you do graphic's right . use that stripper and you should be cool.

Guest Custom Effects

That really makes me think, the heater core (cuz anti-freeze still runs through it)

Also see if it smells kinda "sweet" in the car. If so :thumb

Guest metint

Go to a new car dealer and look at the cars that have been sitting awhile, they have it too. It is from the interior materials out-gasing and the vapor condensing on the windows into a milky/foggy film.

The interior materials are composed of oil-based products. This would account for the smearing. That is the main reason (only) one film manufacturer recommends the glass be prepped with something other than soap.

If a person never cleans their glass it can get really bothersome.

:dunno

Archived